Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
I have been baking and cake decorating. Are they good or do I suck?
Pics on pgs 1 & 2
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
sunflowers12
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:24 AM

well, i don't think that' s all they may be looking at you have the ability its could be other reasons, and also i am sure your not the only baker in town.. just keep trying and if all else fails do your own thing out of you home.. just an idea.. 

Quoting AnAngelsKiss:

Because I keep applying at bakeries and no response so I was begining to think I sucked at it.

Quoting sunflowers12:

i am not sure why you would ask this question, but no your work is very cute and creative.. 

AnAngelsKiss
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Yes another Mommy was saying I should post an add on cragslist for baking & decorating. I posted this in 3 groups and all posts mama's said they don't look good or they are unprofessional & they wouldn't pay money for them.

Quoting sunflowers12:

well, i don't think that' s all they may be looking at you have the ability its could be other reasons, and also i am sure your not the only baker in town.. just keep trying and if all else fails do your own thing out of you home.. just an idea.. 

Quoting AnAngelsKiss:

Because I keep applying at bakeries and no response so I was begining to think I sucked at it.

Quoting sunflowers12:

i am not sure why you would ask this question, but no your work is very cute and creative.. 

susieQ680
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM

U did a good job and happy thanksgiving :]

STARRYVONN
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You're not too shabby. Just do what you love to do. You can only get better. And no you don't suck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GMom2011
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:19 PM
They are cute, but you aren't at a professional level yet. While you are at a great starting point, I think you need training to take you to the next level. Learning the techniques will get you an interview. Any pro bakery will also want to see where you trained. Go in, and ask a local cake baker where he/she went. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kokoscold
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:36 PM

This

Check out some culinary classes cooks, bakers, sous chef's liike to see an education history and a willing to learn. You're doing great you gotta start somewhere.

Quoting GMom2011:

They are cute, but you aren't at a professional level yet. While you are at a great starting point, I think you need training to take you to the next level. Learning the techniques will get you an interview. Any pro bakery will also want to see where you trained. Go in, and ask a local cake baker where he/she went. Good luck!

pampire
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:54 PM

That's down to the economy - more job seekers than jobs.

Quoting AnAngelsKiss:

Quoting sunflowers12:

sdgd21
by Diana on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I feel the same, But you are much better than me! lol3

My family says that I make great tasting cakes.. lol

Quoting IQuitCounting:

Honestly, they're cute.  If it's just for fun, for family and friends, then keep on keeping on.  If you're asking for an opinion from a consumer standpoint;  I'd be thrilled with a gift of a cake like yours, even pay for the materials, but I wouldn't pay from a consumer standpoint :)

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I wouldn't pay for them. 

We pay a lot of money for our kids birthday cakes ($100 on up) and I am very specific about what I want. We watch all the cake and cupcake shows on tv and I know what's possible and what's not. 

Keep trying though, you will get it with time. I plan on taking cake decorating classes once we get our oven repaired. 

AnAngelsKiss
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:23 AM
My best friend and I are going to take the wilton cake decorating class as soon as I can afford the $50 + supply kits. Baking is no problem with me. My baking tastes better then grocery store bought.

Quoting countrymomma81:

I wouldn't pay for them. 

We pay a lot of money for our kids birthday cakes ($100 on up) and I am very specific about what I want. We watch all the cake and cupcake shows on tv and I know what's possible and what's not. 

Keep trying though, you will get it with time. I plan on taking cake decorating classes once we get our oven repaired. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)