Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

has anybody heard

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:36 AM
  • 10 Replies
about Walmart going on strike on black Friday? i just heard the tail end of it today on the news but don't really know what's going on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3dragonflies
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:06 AM

Sorry, I have not heard anything to that effect.  Geez if every one goes on strike , where will we shop?  So sad :(

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:29 AM

Quoting 3dragonflies:

Sorry, I have not heard anything to that effect.  Geez if every one goes on strike , where will we shop?  So sad :(

Sarcastic?? Cuz I HATE Wal-Mart & avoid going there at all costs! I prefer Target. And this year I am going to Giant Eagle, getting Visa gift cards to save $$ on gas & then using them to shop online Cyber Monday.

HarleyMom4599
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:23 AM
I think I just heard on the morning news that a judge told them they can't do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:25 AM

I haven't heard anything about it in Idaho. But then again Idaho is a right to work state so I can see Walmart firing a ton of people and putting on a job fair. 

mommybug77
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Yep- hope they realize being non union they are pretty much giving up their jobs more than likely.
3dragonflies
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I was not trying to be sarcastc.  Just lately everyone is going on strike, it is just crazy.  It's not like I'm a big shopper of Walmart or anything, I only go there for a few things.  What is Giant Eagle? never heard of them.

Quoting CampClan:

Quoting 3dragonflies:

Sarcastic?? Cuz I HATE Wal-Mart & avoid going there at all costs! I prefer Target. And this year I am going to Giant Eagle, getting Visa gift cards to save $$ on gas & then using them to shop online Cyber Monday.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:00 PM

A grocery store.

Quoting 3dragonflies:

I was not trying to be sarcastc.  Just lately everyone is going on strike, it is just crazy.  It's not like I'm a big shopper of Walmart or anything, I only go there for a few things.  What is Giant Eagle? never heard of them.

Quoting CampClan:

Quoting 3dragonflies:

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Wow... guess I thought Giant Eagle was all over. Well then again... I guess I also figured cafemom was for the USA & now I know it's not.

Giant Eagle is a grocery store chain. For every so much you spend in groceries you save a percentage off in gas there. They also sell prepaid Visa gift cards. Tthe more you buy the more yyou save (I swear I think that's even part of the commercial! LOL). I have a friend who has filled up his Ford F150 for free several times this fall! And when you purchase gas you save on food too!

Quoting 3dragonflies:

Quoting CampClan:

Quoting 3dragonflies:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
3dragonflies
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Oh nice!  I live on the east coast and I have never heard of them. My family also drives across country for our vacations and I have never noticed a Giant Eagle, will have to keep my eye out for it.

Quoting CampClan:

Wow... guess I thought Giant Eagle was all over. Well then again... I guess I also figured cafemom was for the USA & now I know it's not.

Giant Eagle is a grocery store chain. For every so much you spend in groceries you save a percentage off in gas there. They also sell prepaid Visa gift cards. Tthe more you buy the more yyou save (I swear I think that's even part of the commercial! LOL). I have a friend who has filled up his Ford F150 for free several times this fall! And when you purchase gas you save on food too!

Quoting 3dragonflies:

Quoting CampClan:

Quoting 3dragonflies:

Quinn525
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:42 AM
Walmart workers has been on strike for awhile due to the low wages they offer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN