Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena Question

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM
  • 25 Replies

I posted in a ttc group but I didn't really get much input... only 'good luck'...

I'm 36 and  a mommy of 2 beautiful little monsters.  I had a Mirena installation (lmao) after I had my daughter.  I had it removed after 8 months or so... my system got really screwy and I decided enough was enough.  Well, about 2 years ago we started trying again.  Understand, the hubbin is a truck driver... over the road... gone for at least a week at a time... so it's hard to really time stuff out.  I went through the obsessive stage of ttc a year ago where I was crying every time I got my monthly bff and I'm past that.  Now I'm ready to take this seriously, seriously start trying.  I've hopped off the crazy train to imagination land.  

I've never temp-ed or charted.  I've been just letting it go with the flow.  I never had a problem previously but then again, my husband wasn't a truck driver and we were active every night (lol).  Even though I am aware of my circumstances, I'm still getting myself a little freaked out... I'm an avid hypochondriac (lol).  I don't go to docs.  I don't feel like anything is wrong wrong so I keep reeling in the crazy madness of unsuspected health issues.    

Has anyone had issues after Mirena?  Just looking for some positive thoughts, some suggestions, some input, some experiences whether they be positive or negative, some opinions.  I've been thinking about trying Fertilaid (a natural supplement that has herbs to get the girlie parts working properly).  I've heard that Mirena can throw off the natural processes within a woman's body and that supplements can really help.  

Anything (info, opinions, stories, experiences, tips, hints, etc) would be greatly appreciated!!!

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambertreas76
by Amber on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMPITY BUMP

sunflowers12
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:05 AM

all i can say is research it out some more on (web md) and others like it.. i have only been on bc in my life and it made me so sick that i finally just got off it.. after my sixth child 10 years ago i got the girls tide up sorta speak.. lol... i didn't have my own episode on TLC!! or something and its been the best decision for me... all i have heard about mirena and others like it is that they have all been recalled and many women have health issues from them and there's a butt load of law suits against the drug companies that have giving them out... 

really hope you can get the answers your looking for though:)good

ambertreas76
by Amber on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Well, I've had 2 ovarian cysts since I had it removed.  Both burst on their own so I didn't need medical intervention.  I also read that it can send a woman into peri-menopause after removal.  I talked to a friend who is a homeopathic doc and she said to start supplements that promote fertitlity thus bringing the body back to it's proper state.  

It is scary.  I have read that Mirena causes infertility.  I'm hoping to see some positive replies.

Quoting sunflowers12:

all i can say is research it out some more on (web md) and others like it.. i have only been on bc in my life and it made me so sick that i finally just got off it.. after my sixth child 10 years ago i got the girls tide up sorta speak.. lol... i didn't have my own episode on TLC!! or something and its been the best decision for me... all i have heard about mirena and others like it is that they have all been recalled and many women have health issues from them and there's a butt load of law suits against the drug companies that have giving them out... 

sunflowers12
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM

oh man, that's not good sounding at all.. my sister has the IUD thing and its causing her health issues too.. but she doesn't want any more kids so if she has to eventually have a hysterectomy then it will not be a big deal as far as having another kid goes.. but she is 28/29 in and around there and has a lot more problems then i do at 40 in a few weeks.. but she has been more of the sickly type i was to when i was younger but not anymore... 

Quoting ambertreas76:

Well, I've had 2 ovarian cysts since I had it removed.  Both burst on their own so I didn't need medical intervention.  I also read that it can send a woman into peri-menopause after removal.  I talked to a friend who is a homeopathic doc and she said to start supplements that promote fertitlity thus bringing the body back to it's proper state.  

It is scary.  I have read that Mirena causes infertility.  I'm hoping to see some positive replies.

Quoting sunflowers12:

ambertreas76
by Amber on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:46 PM

bump

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Eek. No. I've had mine for 4 years, and I love it. I get it removed next year. DH and I aren't sure what we want to do. I wish you luck!

slightlyperfect

ambertreas76
by Amber on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:15 PM

That's good.  Everyone is different with this thing.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Eek. No. I've had mine for 4 years, and I love it. I get it removed next year. DH and I aren't sure what we want to do. I wish you luck!

tharealty2
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I avoid all hormonal BC - its just not natural, imo, and not healthy.  Have you looked into Natural Family Planning?  Using your calendar is not only useful for when you are ttc, but also for when you'd like to avoid the possibility.  i did it successfully for 4 years and then SURPRISE!!  baby.  lol.  So dh finally got snipped and we're happy.  

ambertreas76
by Amber on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:21 PM

That's what I said. I havent temp-ed or charted.  I was thinking about it.  Maybe I should......

Quoting tharealty2:

I avoid all hormonal BC - its just not natural, imo, and not healthy.  Have you looked into Natural Family Planning?  Using your calendar is not only useful for when you are ttc, but also for when you'd like to avoid the possibility.  i did it successfully for 4 years and then SURPRISE!!  baby.  lol.  So dh finally got snipped and we're happy.  

tharealty2
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ambertreas76:

That's what I said. I havent temp-ed or charted.  I was thinking about it.  Maybe I should......

Quoting tharealty2:

here's some info.  Its a little involved but once you get the hang of it, its like nothing and imo, is really 'free-ing'

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)