Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Hi everyone!

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:44 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone, MY name is Heather and am a new mom to Sofia, just born Nov 10. Does anyone here do the cry out method and if so how do you get through the crying? It is so upsetting to me but my husband and I are trying to get her on a schedule, eating and sleeping and what we have been doing (picking her up all the time and letting her sleep in bed with us) is not working. Also how long do you let them cry before you do pick them up? 

Thanks for any advice!

Heather

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Hello and welcome!  Congrats on your new addition.  We never used the CIO method.  

welcome to cafemom

funhappymom
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Welcome!!

We never really did the CIO (cry it out) method either. I personally think she is too young yet to CIO and to be on a schedule. Usually around 6 weeks or so, they start to get on more of a schedule/routine.

Good luck!

amonkeymom
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group Heather (and to the world, little Sophia)

bamababe1975
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Hi Heather! Welcome to the group and congrats on your baby. I think it's too soon to try a schedule, really. I also think at her age it's especially important that if she cries, pick her up. She needs comfort as much as eating, sleeping, and having her diaper changed. Remember, she spent 9mos all comfy cozy and held close inside you - she needs that closeness and body contact just as much now.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN