Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

We are moving to the montains! I need tips...

Posted by   + Show Post

It will snow, we only lived in snow once for a year, and it was not enough to require chains, or it did and we did not get them, lol.

What should I know about living where it snow, right now we live where it's just hot 300 days and then cold. lol

So PLEASE give me tips, what about a garden, are there things I should know about that?

~DIana.

Oh So Blessed! Loven Christ and Proud! 

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Replies (21-25):
Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:51 PM

The filters in your heater. Those needs to be changed out if they haven't been already. 

Quoting sdgd21:

Haha, I will make one and post it! =-)

filters?

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

One watch out for people in SUV's who think their vehicle is invincible. They usually cause the accidents. 

Second check out your planting zone through this website for what plants can and cannot survive. http://www.garden.org/zipzone/

Always keep extra gloves because kids will always lose their gloves. Keep deicer on hand, the ice salts for the drive way and walk way, get a good snow shovel, and check to see if your filter is dirty. 

Above all else, you are NEVER to old to make a snow man. Have fun!

Kokoscold
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Also invest in an auto-start worth every penny

Quoting sdgd21:

whoa! Life saving information! thanks!

Quoting Kokoscold:

I live in Alaska so having studded tires or all weather tires blizak (sp?) are a must. Keep extra blankets in your car in the winter in case you get stuck and need to stay warm also gloves, I also would recommend water and snacks too. Also tell friends and family when you're coming out or heading back into the mountains as car accidents happen and having a time frame of when you leave and when you should arrive is always safe. Snow days are rare so get use to driving in the snow. If you start sliding and can't stop throw your car a netural and pump your brakes.

sdgd21
by Diana on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:07 PM

oh lol okay, well the heat is fire place and electric (yeah weird I know),  I don't THINK they require heaters.

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

The filters in your heater. Those needs to be changed out if they haven't been already. 

Quoting sdgd21:

Haha, I will make one and post it! =-)

filters?

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

One watch out for people in SUV's who think their vehicle is invincible. They usually cause the accidents. 

Second check out your planting zone through this website for what plants can and cannot survive. http://www.garden.org/zipzone/

Always keep extra gloves because kids will always lose their gloves. Keep deicer on hand, the ice salts for the drive way and walk way, get a good snow shovel, and check to see if your filter is dirty. 

Above all else, you are NEVER to old to make a snow man. Have fun!

sdgd21
by Diana on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:09 PM

really? Is that because you can start you car and let it warm up before you get in?

Quoting Kokoscold:

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting Kokoscold:

I live in Alaska so having studded tires or all weather tires blizak (sp?) are a must. Keep extra blankets in your car in the winter in case you get stuck and need to stay warm also gloves, I also would recommend water and snacks too. Also tell friends and family when you're coming out or heading back into the mountains as car accidents happen and having a time frame of when you leave and when you should arrive is always safe. Snow days are rare so get use to driving in the snow. If you start sliding and can't stop throw your car a netural and pump your brakes.

Kokoscold
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Yes :) it's expensive but worth it in my book... It's 12 degrees here today so I really really love my auto start. If you have 2 sets of keys and are able to lock the door while it warms up that works too but it's really convenient to have the auto start.

Quoting sdgd21:

really? Is that because you can start you car and let it warm up before you get in?

Quoting Kokoscold:

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting Kokoscold:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN