Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How do you reconnect?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

There was a girl who was my best friend in the 5th grade.  We were inseperable. (sp?) Then middle school started, and we didnt' see each other anymore.  I moved shortly after that. Fast forward 20 years.  She found me on facebook recently.  We've talked some, and it reminded me of how much I missed her. How do you reconnect? Is it possible to become close friends again after all those years? We live 6 hours away so its not like we can see each other often or have those daily interactions, kwim? What do you think?

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:52 PM

You start by saying Hi, how are you?!  Then the conversations will start. 

navewife
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Just keep sending her messages...tell her about your life, and ask her about hers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KeimUNCmomof3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I just don't think friendships are ever the same, especially if you've had a fallen out and then get in touch after many years.  You can become friends, but I don't know about BFF's.

Seems like you really never had a fallen out, you just moved away...so, it could very well be possible.  Good luck!

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Quoting KeimUNCmomof3:

I just don't think friendships are ever the same, especially if you've had a fallen out and then get in touch after many years.  You can become friends, but I don't know about BFF's.

Seems like you really never had a fallen out, you just moved away...so, it could very well be possible.  Good luck!

I agree. Things may never be the same but it doesn't mean you still can't be friends at all. 

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:18 AM

i dont know, same issue with me!  My old best friend, practically sisters that I was friends with in middle school and now she lives in my city and we still cannot seem to reconnect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN