Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Men Advice...

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:47 PM
  • 38 Replies

I met this guy on pof (plenty of fish - online dating). He was honest and said he is looking for intimate encounter only, no picture on his profile. I was looking for the same at that time. We met and really hit it off. He really likes me and I really like him.

But... he only wants to meet in a car on my lunchbreaks. I told him I want more than sex, I want a relationship. I haven't heard from him for 10 days and then he txted me saying that he really misses me and that he would suggest normal relationship instead of intimate encounter. I agreed.

We have been txting back and forth now for a while again and he said he would take me out to lunch but it seems like whenever the exposure to public (taking me out on an actuall date) is about to happen, he backs up and says he can't etc etc.... I am tired of meeting him in a car on our lunch breaks. This has been going on for 2 months now. I told him I want him to take me on an actual date and he said he is too busy to have a normal relationship. He has two jobs.

Am I too naive to actually see through his lies, or is it possible that someone could be so busy to not have time for an actual date after two months? Your thoughts?

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this

If you're tired of it, dump him.  Find someone willing to be seen with you in public.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:54 PM
4 moms liked this
Is he married? That is my first thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kate1903
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:56 PM

He said he is separated, going through divorce. But I am a smart cookie... I know the court records are available online to public and I see no record of him filing for divorce... so I am thinking he might be... but he is txting me from home quite a bit... so that's the only confusing thing... it's hard cause I really like him, ugh.

sillytime
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Move on! He's not interested in a relationship! That is very clear to me! Keep dating don't give up but you don't want a man that doesn't want you. I'm sorry if that seams harsh but I have seen many women chase after men that don't want them and it's such a waste of time! You want to be in a relationship right? Find someone that wants the same things you do. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kate1903
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:05 PM

You know I needed to hear this more than anything... I totally agree. I was just confused cause he is telling me things that are very pleasing to my ear......

kidlover2
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Hmmm.. sounds like he trying to hide from someone? Maybe his girlfriend? Just saying....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:40 PM
It sounds like all he's interested in is a booty call and nothing more. You deserve more than that. Be careful and make sure you get tested for any viruses and diseases. Oh, and also make sure everything is covered if you continue with the relationship.
Sorry if I'm too blunt.
heatherh610
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:41 PM
I agree with the other ladies...he is married and hiding. Ick! Sorry...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

That was mine too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN