Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Birthday on a Sunday? would you? Edited/updated

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM
  • 19 Replies

Okay my DD's birthday is on Dec 13th. However, we wanted to give her a birthday on either the Saturday before or after. Well, DH has to work both of those Saturdays. I told him maybe we could do Sunday the 9th. He said no due to people going to Church that day etc. How do you ladies feel about birthdays on Sunday? Would you have your child's on a Sunday?

Thanks to all you ladies who replied. We will be having the party on Sunday the 9th. I think it will just be a handful of ppl at our house for a fire to roast marshmallows and hotdogs while the kids play. Hubby hasn't confirmed that's what we would do, we may just meet at the park. Thanks again and sorry I never replied yesterday. I have a sick 2yo and completely forgot about this post!! :D

My girls Easter 2012. Rosalina 8, Maya 4, and Serena 21 months.

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetmissy_05
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:16 PM

A birthday on a Sunday should be okay..either a Saturday or a Sunday, you could just do it in the early afternoon that would work....

aj23
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Sunday afternoons are fine. Most people don't spend all day at church.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:19 PM

My DD's last birthday party was on a Sunday afternoon.  Everyone that was invited came except for one girl.  

sheri305
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Quoting sweetmissy_05:

A birthday on a Sunday should be okay..either a Saturday or a Sunday, you could just do it in the early afternoon that would work....

This and nice picture

ambertreas76
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Sunday afternoon should be fine. Church usually lets out be the early afternoon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ardiaxe
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I do most birthday party's on Sunday. I never even thought about church being an issue.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Same Here ... actually every year DD gets 2 parties : 1 on saturday for her little friends and 1 on Sunday for the family. 

Quoting ardiaxe:

I do most birthday party's on Sunday. I never even thought about church being an issue.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:32 PM
My daughter's turns 13 on Dec 23. She ain't having no party. Her birthday present is gonna be a out of state trip she wants to take with her school in January. But I told her I would pay for her and a couple of her friends to go to movie on her birthday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM

We only do birthdays on sundays(in the afternoon).We go to church in the am(well dd and dh will go to church,I usually skip because I'm normally running around trying to get stuff together for the party) and have the party around 1.It seems to work out better than saturdays,as most ppl around here have their kids in sports on saturdays.

CafeMom Tickers
mommybug77
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:25 PM
We wouldn't have one on Sunday nor attend one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)