Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

2 in less than a Year

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:59 PM
  • 21 Replies

I am really enjoying being pregnant. I haven't had  morning sickness or any symptoms at all other than bad smells making me want to vomit. Other then that my pregnancy is going great. So I am really considering having another baby right after I have this one. I know that it probably won't be this easy the second time around but it's ok. I am already high risk because of my blood pressure history but I am 33 and I know it will be more of a risk at 35, so I figured why not just go ahead and knock it out. I figured atleat it will be planned and I will be prepared fully this time around, and my baby doesn't have to grow up alone. I am use to dealing with multiple children at once since I fostered for 2 years for up to 5 kids at once so it wouldn't be too hard for me to deal with it. What do you guys think? Am I in over my head or does it makes sense.

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM
3 moms liked this

I think this is a choice that only you can make.  But because you are considered high risk you need to talk to your OB first.  

kcgroves
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I got two kids that are 14 months apart...my first pregnancy was easy as pie. That second pregnancy did a number on my body and I had a lot of problems with it. I ended up having to have my gall bladder taken out once my daughter was born because being pregnant for basically two years takes a toll on a body. I was in my very early 20s with my pregnancies also. Don't ever assume just because one pregnancy is going very well that the next one will also. On the having two kids so close together....I didn't plan it however, I wouldn't change it for anything! My kids are each others best friends!! I loved that I got everything over with back to back bottles, diapers, tantrums all that stuff once it was over it was over! However, dealing with the toddler tantrums for about 3 years is quiet daunting lol. It is wonderful though and I love how close my kids are!!

kellz2256
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Thanks @kcgroves. That's my plan I just don't want my child to be a loner I was the only child for 13 years. Then when I turned 19 my mom adopted so I was just a babysitter. My cousin had both her kids at 39 and 40 years old and her kids are 11 months apart they best friends as well. I guess having someone there to play with makes it easier for the child, although I know it's not as easy for the mom. 

MomtoLou
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

My two kids are 16 months apart. I planned on having an only child. My son was another unplanned surprise. My pregnancies were awful. Bed rest, hospitalizations, premie babies. But having my two, I wouldn't change for anything. 

They are just close enough that they are the best of friends, but since they are boy/girl they also have their moments where they are the worst of enemies. Normal siblingish stuff. 

If your doctor says your body can handle it, I say go for it.  Something to think about though, by the second one of mine, I almost didn't make it through delivery because of the high risks. Really talk about those risks with your doctor. 

Another thing to consider is if you want your kids in the same grade. I had two sisters in the same grade as I was in growing up. (My parents did foster care too, but those are my sisters) it was fun in a lot of ways but at the same time it was really hard to be an individual. I was always just someone's sister. 

Good luck :) 

SwtSnowflake2
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids are 3 years apart and best friends. So it's really your decision but make sure to talk with your doctor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My mother in law had all three of hers like right in a Row, the first two are 11 months apart and the second and third are 12 months apart.  Of course she was 19 when she started!  My sister in law is 30 and wants to have 3 in a row the same way.  I think she is very brave.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Best wishes whatever you decide! :)

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I think this is a choice that only you can make.  But because you are considered high risk you need to talk to your OB first.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
K8WillBLast
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I had one 10 months after having twins, she came a little early.  She will be turning 1 on February 2 and I am due again in March!  I haven't really ever had a problem pregnancy. 

sunflowers12
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:05 AM

to me it sound as if you have figured it all out.. the only thing is things may not go according to plan, and as long as you are prepared for the unknown!!  however its kinda hard to perpar for something you dont know about!!!.. i don't think having two close is that big of a deal i hear about it all the time as a matter a fact my six are all close but not two in one year... however the time that you can invest in one child at a time vs having to go crazy trying to meet every ones needs with multiples is kinda nice...  but your only talking two as well.... i wouldn't make any hasty decisions right now i would  wait til you deliver this one and see how you feel then...  give your self and your new little one that chance to have some time before the next little one comes along :)

ambertreas76
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:08 PM

My 2 kiddos are a year and three days apart.  My daughter is 3 and my son is 4. We had our son, literally had him in our arms right after he was born, looked at eachother and we were in for another one ASAP!  I wouldn't have it any other way.  They are best buds.  No issues with socialization.  They always have a playmate.  My son teaches my daughter new things all the time... and she teaches him new stuff too.  Sure, they argue like brother and sister but they love eachother soooo much.  There are many more good times than the tough times.  My husband is an over the road trucker so I am alone for the most part.  Having them so close has been awesome.  I wonder sometimes if it is harder to have one child and wait on having another.  

I say GO FOR IT!  And, by the way, both of mine were c-secs because I was high risk with hypertension.  I was 32 when I had my first and 33 when I had my second.  We're trying for #3.  My dream is to have a huge family so we're talking about 5!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)