Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Three kids or more

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM
  • 32 Replies
Moms,

Do you have three kids or more all in the same age range? Do you have a daily routine for getting ready in the mornings without total chaos?
I need help, I have five kids 15, 10, 2, 1, & 4weeks. I'm having it so hard getting organized and I the mornings everything g that can go wrong does. Anyone have any suggestions?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shygrl3cccm
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Wow! Well I am not sure what you do do now... but getting everything planned out the night before is very helpful. And maybe have a different wake up time for everyone depending on their needs? Pay the 15 year old some cash and delegate some tasks off on her??

I only have one so its harder for me to understand! Best of luck!!
mrsary
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:42 AM
I have three ages 3,4,& 7. We wake up extra early to get out of the house on time. When they were babies we did the same. The daycare is right by my house, so if I missed something I always had time to go get it.
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Just depends on the morning. Some mornings are great, some are ok and some are nuts. We get up at 7am and I get them up, they have breakfast, I get there lunches ready if they want me too(my 8 year old has been into making her own lately. So that helps me out), they brush there teeth and hair.

We get there back packs ready the night before. Make sure everything is in there that is suppose to. They pick out what they are going to wear the next day. At least the ones that are in school. But some mornings they change there mind. Which is fine with me. 

On days that are nuts. I just take as many deep breaths as I can and know they will get to school and everything will be fine. 

our4blessings
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM
The 15 year old is in high school so she rides the bus and leaves before out before us. Thanks!

Quoting shygrl3cccm:

Wow! Well I am not sure what you do do now... but getting everything planned out the night before is very helpful. And maybe have a different wake up time for everyone depending on their needs? Pay the 15 year old some cash and delegate some tasks off on her??

I only have one so its harder for me to understand! Best of luck!!

K8WillBLast
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Yes I have 7 kids ages 13, 12, 12, 5, 20 mos old, 20 mos old & 10 mos old today.  Plus I am expecting number 8 in March.

our4blessings
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Breakfast, wow your awesome

Thanks

Quoting Raeann11:

Just depends on the morning. Some mornings are great, some are ok and some are nuts. We get up at 7am and I get them up, they have breakfast, I get there lunches ready if they want me too(my 8 year old has been into making her own lately. So that helps me out), they brush there teeth and hair.

We get there back packs ready the night before. Make sure everything is in there that is suppose to. They pick out what they are going to wear the next day. At least the ones that are in school. But some mornings they change there mind. Which is fine with me. 

On days that are nuts. I just take as many deep breaths as I can and know they will get to school and everything will be fine. 

my4boys2002
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM
I have 5 also 19,15,12,8,9 my husband does the mornings he gets them up dressed off to school. You still have lil ones it will get better as they get older. Atleast the mornings will lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
our4blessings
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! So what's your routine?

Quoting K8WillBLast:

Yes I have 7 kids ages 13, 12, 12, 5, 20 mos old, 20 mos old & 10 mos old today.  Plus I am expecting number 8 in March.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Your welcome, Breakfast is like cereal, pop tarts, toaster strudels, pancakes, french toast, eggs. Just depends on what they want and if I feel we have time. All depends on how long it takes to get them up. 

Quoting our4blessings:

Breakfast, wow your awesome

Thanks

Quoting Raeann11:

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I have 3 kids, only 2 of them are still in school. We have always done as much as we can to get ready the night before. We pack book bags, make lunches and water bottles and put them in the fridge, pick out clothes for the next day, things like that. It makes the morning go a little smoother knowing that we have most of the stuff all ready to go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN