Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Gifts for the teacher

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM
  • 16 Replies
What do you normally get for your child's teacher for Christmas, if anything?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XVAmomma
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:50 PM
bump...my baby still not at school age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandyjh
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on the year and the teacher, this is what we got DS's teacher this year :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I let my kids choose what they give to their teachers. Sometimes they pick school supplies, sometimes snack or cocoa gift sets.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM

At my DD's school they collect money for a group gift which I assume is a gift card.

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:40 PM
School supplies that are usually running low, a huge bags worth, something pet related if they have mentioned one in class (I've found many teacher love that as it means their class pays attention to their anecdotes) . If my son can't provide a specific detail about his teacher, we may do a movie ticket gift card for two. I've also done gift cards from BAM or something like a journal with their last initial on it.

Something useful or a gift card that anyone would be delighted with. I gotta say, we get the biggest "squee!" When we get a gift for their pet(s).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

We usually just go in on a gift with the other parent's and purchase our children's teachers a nice gift like a gift card, or a spa basket.  The gift is usually whatever the room parents come up with.  I also have the kids make their  teachers a card, or I send in hand written notes to show that we appreciate the hard work that they do.  I also make up plates of  homemade cookies and bring them into the dance studio that dd attends for the staff to enjoy. I also give a tin of cookies to dd's brownie leader.

Chymerra
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:42 AM

The classmom collects money towards a gift for the teacher. I am also going to send in a small giftbag filled with gourmet chocolates.

mommybug77
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:52 AM
I'm giving the kindegareten teacher a book for the class, monogramned keychain, maybe candy. Not sure about the other 2 yet
luckythreemom
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:35 AM
At our school all of the teachers write down things that they need for the classroom and they hang them on the giving tree. There is everything from printer ink to pencils, stickers to velcro. Just depends on what the individual needs are. In the age of budget cuts this is a blessing for all.
Christie825
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM

DD is making her a bracelet with her name on it.

I think handmade ones are the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)