Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Phone password

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:14 AM
  • 20 Replies
A few months back there was an incident with my husband and his phone. He had some texts and a pic from a girl. He said it was for a friend at work not for him. I dont believe him but decided to stick around and work things out. Now I see has a password on his phone. When I questioned him about it he started an argument with me and said I am trying to control him. I feel like he has something to hide. Im ready to walk away,except we have 4 kids and 10 years together. My question, am I overreacting? Is it normal for your husband to have a password on his phone?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pristine729
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:16 AM
I have a password on my phone, but it's not a secret from my fiancée. He knows the password. We don't hide things from each other, ya know?

It's not a good sign.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM
6 moms liked this

Generally, when you ask a man about something and he tries to turn it around onto you, he is hiding something.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:22 AM
3 moms liked this

kourtneya
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Mine had a password on his but I knew what the password was. I'm sorry you are going through this. Honestly my thoughts are that he has something on there that he does not want you to see. I hope I am wrong though. I would be angry if dh had a password on his and didn't let me have access. I am not the snoopy type but keeping me from something like that would raise red flags. Good luck.

robsgurl_23
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:25 AM

my husband had a password on his phone and I dont care. I know his password. I dont have one on my phone cause I have no reason to. I have a iphone I use as a ipod that I have a password on so my kids don't mess around on it and delete things which my kids have done a bunch of times. My cell phone my kids don't touch so I dont have to put a passwrod on it. 

Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:23 PM

My husband and I trade phones sometimes.  We have nothing to hide from each other. 

And as long as you have been together he should have nothing to hide from you.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Considering he put password on AFTER you found stuff... yes he is hiding something. I am a single woman and have a password on my phone but even my teenagers know the password. A password is to keep strangers out of your phone if you lose it.... not someone you trust.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

My phone and my husband's phones want to have password on them, so they do, but we both can get into eachother's phones.

You can always check the bill to at least see who he's going back and forth with on his phone.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:50 PM

if he has nothing to hide he'll give you his password ... my purse, my phone, my FB , is always free range to my husband as I have nothing to hide.  Whether he checks or not, I don't know and it works both ways.  Nothing good ever comes out of lying or hiding stuff

gottalovedrama
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:52 PM

My dh has a password but would  never freak out over it. If i ask he will give it to me. I think something is up, prob why he gets defensive when you ask.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)