Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

NON TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS TREE OR TRADITIONAL?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM
  • 32 Replies
2 moms liked this

What color of tree? How tall? What color are your decorations? Post a pic if you have one. Also when do you put your tree up? I found this topic in one of my other groups & thought it would be fun to do well for three years in a row I did non traditional trees. This year I decided to do a pink theme in memory of my mother who passed away from breast cancer

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bramamber
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
That's beautiful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty tree!  We usually have a traditional tree with red, green and white lights.  We usually put it up in early December.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter would LOVE that tree! We just have a traditional green with white lights. she has pink ornaments on it tho. And maybe after Christmas, I'll go all out and let her have a pink tree next year! great reason, for sure (both my mother and her mother are(Mom turns 70 next month) /were (grandma died at 89) survivors).

SwtSnowflake2
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:29 PM
We have a 6' green tree. Colored lights. Sentimental ornaments.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
timefor2
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:41 PM

We have a very traditional tree...Here is a picture of it.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM

we have a traditional, natural Chritmas tree.  For the past 3 years I did all the decorations Red and Silver.  This year DD wanted new decorations and she decorated the tree herself,  we have silver, blue and purble balls, we didn't buy enough lights or guarland so DD decided to combine blueish LEDs with the Red mini lights from last year ... we have the ugliest tree by far !  I must admit that when DD is at her dad's this weekend, DH and I will re-do the whole thing.  

Childs-Still
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting timefor2:

We have a very traditional tree...Here is a picture of it.

Blue is my favorite color very nice tree :) I did blue & sliver last year & the year before awesome !!!

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I've always done a green tree.  The lights are always multi-colored.  The overall theme to my ornaments was supposed to be jewel toned balls and chain, but I also love angel ornaments.  In addition to those there are a ton of gifted ornaments and kid-made ornaments.  It's not the most chic or put together tree, but I love it anyway. 

If I was going to do a non-traditional color it'd be white. 

Marimaru
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:24 PM

We have a green tree.  I just got it in the mail saturday, it's still in the box because we don't have decorations for it yet.  This is our first Christmas at home, so our first Christmas tree.

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Quoting SwtSnowflake2:

We have a 6' green tree. Colored lights. Sentimental ornaments.

this is us we have shatterproof ornaments and ones i've made or were given i guess its a good thing because my 3 yr old knocked it over yesterday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)