Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

NON TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS TREE OR TRADITIONAL?

Posted by   + Show Post

What color of tree? How tall? What color are your decorations? Post a pic if you have one. Also when do you put your tree up? I found this topic in one of my other groups & thought it would be fun to do well for three years in a row I did non traditional trees. This year I decided to do a pink theme in memory of my mother who passed away from breast cancer

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
janessa27
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I love your tree! We usually just do the traditionally. This is the only pic I have on my computer

pregnancy week by week
Childs-Still
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH GALS FOR ALL THE REPLIES AND PICTURES IT'S SO WONDERFUL SEEING ALL THE DIFFRENT CHRISTMAS TREES .....IT'S SOMTHING ABOUT CHRITSMAS DECOR THAT MAKES THE LITTLE KID COME OUT LOL ....

tharealty2
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:07 AM

nothing yet but it will be traditional for us.

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Traditional evergreen. Not up yet, though...soon I hope:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lindilouwho82
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a variety of "themes" in my Christmas Tree arsenal. To be honest it's all because I can never turn down craft store sales or after Christmas clearance deals.

Some are traditional and others are not so much and others meet nicely in the middle. I should probably get rid of some of the older stuff and replace it with some new stuff.

nikkita311
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I need to get my tree decorated and put up a picture of it.
poeticdaisy
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I have a traditional tree...mostly decorated in reds/golds.  We usually put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving.

exhaustedmother
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:11 AM

We have a traditional tree and we put ours up the day after Thanksgiving.

import1a92
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:18 AM

We have had this white tree for 10 years. It started off with the blue and silver shatter proof orniments with blue garland and warm white lights. I also had blue garland with handcut snowflakes dangling in between each hooped section on the soffits. My mom made the tree skirt to match.

Last year I tried to put up a 7ft green pre-lit tree I had from 11 years ago with felt hand made Christmas orniment I've had since childhood that my mom made so DD and the cats didn't get a hold and break anything. It was the most ugliest thing I've ever seen! Within two days I took the tree down and got the white tree out. We needed something new for our family. I waited until Target had their orniments on 50% off clearance the day before Christmas and got our current red, green and silver multi designed shatter proof orniments.

This year I got rid of our tacky pre-lit silver star and got the glitter red star to match our orniments. I also added red garland with silver bows to our soffits.

We all like this tree better and it's "home", "warm" and "inviting" to us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:57 AM
We have a traditional one with multi colored lights and a combination of handmade ornaments and sentimental ones.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN