Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Ha take that I won!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM
  • 1 Replies
3 moms liked this

I have been battling with my son's insurance company over a medical bill.  The doctor told me not to do the test unless it was covered by insurance so I called and asked if that test was covered by that lab.  They assured me it was.  I even called the lab because it said a 20% downpayment was required but my son's insurance doesn't require me to pay that much.  They said they didn't require it with that insurance.  So I did the test and mailed it off.  Then came the $460 bill saying they were a non-participating provider.  What???  That's why I called and asked in the first place!

So I called the insurance company and they refused to pay saying the agent never checked to see if the lab was covered.  There was no record of me asking.  I filed a dispute and they refused it.  Someone told me to call the managed risk board so I did.

They listened to the call record and found that I did ask, the agent just did not listen or check.  They heard me ask at the end of the call if that test at that lab was covered and the agent say yes.

Guess who has to pay?  Not me!  The insurance company!  Yay!

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:41 PM

woohoo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN