Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Foot Pain... what to do PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

Back in June I tripped over the only toy laying on the floor at work (a daycare) as I had just lifted a 25 pound 16 month old to put him at the table. We both went down. He was alright but I had stubbed my toe on the toy & had rug burn & bruising on the hand I used to catch us & one of my knees. I never went to get anything checked out because I thought I would heal just fine.

Fast forward to October- the company I worked for got bought out by a larger corporation & I lose my PA for medical (they downgraded me to Family Planning Services only because I make too much for PA insurance) & I can't get on company insurance yet (that is going to cost me $130 a month & it wouldn't kick in til Feb 2013).

My foot is killing me. Actually it's really only my big toe, right where it meets the foot (see pic).

(the circled area)

IDK what to do. I bought new tennis shoes & that really makes it hurt. But I only wear the shoes to & from work & on weekends. I tried ibprofin for the pain. I've soaked the foot in a warm bath. I have tried having one of my DDs pull on it to see if it will pop. I have even had her massage my foot where it hurts. NOTHING works. I know I should have gone to the doc when it happened but like I said- I didn't think it would get this bad. Even just relaxing around the house hurts.

Any suggestions that I haven't tried? I was going to go to the doctor last week for a routine check up & address it then but I had to cancel that appointment because of getting cut off medical PA.

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you report it when it happened? Workers comp?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Quoting Dabberdoo:

Did you report it when it happened? Workers comp?

No because I didn't think it was an issue. Plus the company went out of business (was actually bought out by another company). It doesn't effect my daily routine... infact unless I'm resting (like now) it doesn't hurt as much. I can be on my feet all day & it not bother me til I get home & take my shoes off.

The new company tried to tell me I wasn't allowed to wear crocs in the infant room & I told the new director I had to wear them because I had tripped & stubbed my toe & still have problems with it. I get they want me to be able to feel if I step on a baby but if I step on a toy or stub my toe again it's going to freaking hurt me! LOL

ardiaxe
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM

You have a bunion.  I just went through some major pain with it.  The right gym shoe is very very important.  Barefoot right now is best.  The best gym shoe for bunions are Newbalance.  They have a very wide toe box which is necessary.  Stay away from Nike which make tight shoes and make the pain worse.  do some research on bunions, most of the time it needs lots of rest and wide shoes.  Be careful with high heels, they just make it worse.  If the pain does not improve, you may need a cortisone injection.

elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:33 AM
Bunion, my hubs had one. That's what it looked like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)