Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Elf on the Shelf?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:34 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ours just came tonight.  Any ideas?

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:48 PM

here's a few links for you

http://fromgrindtowhine.com/2011/12/12/twelve-ways-to-save-your-butt-when-your-elf-on-the-shelf-forgets-to-move/

http://elfontheshelfideas.com/page/5

I found them on Pinterest. Saturday night our went tree climbing. Last night he went "Dancing with the Stars"... actually our angel with star ornements around them! LOL

Day 1

Day 2

kblpooh
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Ours was up on the ceiling fan one night. Unfortunately the fan got turned on accidentally and went flying. lol

He has also been found in Barbie's car with Barbie. Another day he set up a bday party with a few Barbies for my son's bday. Another day he was found hanging out of a cookie jar with a cookie in his hand. Then other nights he is just sitting on a shelf chillin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashmac03
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Ours is currently swinging from the chandelier in the dining room.  I haven't decided where I am going to put it tonight.  

TugBoatMama
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I had ours digging around in my jewelry box tonight,and he rode a model airplane my son has hanging from the ceiling. I got him holding a spray bottle in the kitchen, using my kitchenaid mixer with some flour sprinkled around,Fishing out of our aqaurium with an ornament as a bobber, and I put him inside my 5 year old's Batman cave set with Batman and the Joker.

pebbles98
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I don't get it. What's the back story on this elf on a shelf?

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM
He reports to Santa if kids are naughty or nice is my understanding.

Quoting pebbles98:

I don't get it. What's the back story on this elf on a shelf?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM
I saw a cute one where you put a straw in the maple syrup and put it up to the elf's mouth... Also drops of toothpaste around and the elf holding the tube.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
froggynow3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

So far our elf has been sitting with his bowl and spoon waiting for breakfast (night 1), drawing on the kids faces in their pics with dry erase marker (day 2), making snow angels out of powederd sugar in my kitchen (day 3), and today we found her hanging from the bird cage.. Tonight she will either climb our tree, zip line through our living room with barbie and spiderman, or get locked outside the window because she didnt make it back in time. LOL  There are TONS of ideas on Pinterest though

Pukalani79
by Kris on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Ours is currently sitting in the tree holding an ornament my husband made that says "believe."  My daughter just came out and saw him and said "That is just awesome." :)

Pukalani79
by Kris on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Our little guy "climbed" up and today is sitting on a sconce on the wall

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)