Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Joys of fatherhood....

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:34 AM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this
Not being able to hear your own child cry from puking because God gives them such deep slumber.... Mom's on the other hand can hear vomit hit the floor through two closed doors and a sleeping pill.

What's up with that???
And they say God is a woman.... HAH! I say! HAH!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Bump!
annelauer
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:31 AM

I have always thought that being a dad would be a good gig.

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Oh & I love it when you text them something simple as "When you give XXX his medicine please go by the weight chart not the age" & you get a reply like "thanks" & you don't know if you were really helpful or if he just thanked you for insenuating he is an idiot!

Happened to me this weekend. I was just trying to make sure ex didn't give our 3yo too much Motrin. Our kids have always been small for their age so going by the age chart would not be the best idea. For our 3yo, yes he is pretty on target for his weight. But if it were our 9yo forget it! He only weighs 45 pounds & HAS to take it by the weight & not age!

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

lol when daddy sleeps thru somebody trying to break in ,but you wake up because a doorknob turning usually means your 3 yr old is up for the day

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I remember my ex walking away from DD in one of these situations simply saying "I can't deal with this"

quietbookworm
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Hubs can sleep through anything.

mustloveanimals
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:12 AM

And even if they hear the puking, they can roll over and go back to sleep knowing we've got it under control.

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Which was the beginning of your own realization that you couldn't deal with him?

Quoting Jinxed8:

I remember my ex walking away from DD in one of these situations simply saying "I can't deal with this"

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Lol, does it matter? you know he's an idiot if he's an ex, right?

Quoting CampClan:

Oh & I love it when you text them something simple as "When you give XXX his medicine please go by the weight chart not the age" & you get a reply like "thanks" & you don't know if you were really helpful or if he just thanked you for insenuating he is an idiot!

Happened to me this weekend. I was just trying to make sure ex didn't give our 3yo too much Motrin. Our kids have always been small for their age so going by the age chart would not be the best idea. For our 3yo, yes he is pretty on target for his weight. But if it were our 9yo forget it! He only weighs 45 pounds & HAS to take it by the weight & not age!

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:20 AM

He could deal when all was fine and dandy - that's about it.   I knew he sucked at being a father early on.  He was a selfish bastard but I stayed with him until DD was 6.  I'm better off now - my DH is a much better father than he'll ever be.  a few weeks back DD was sick and he offered to stay on puke duty with her while I ran to the drug store ...

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Which was the beginning of your own realization that you couldn't deal with him?

Quoting Jinxed8:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN