Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do your kids still believe ?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM
  • 35 Replies

In Santa Claus ?  And if yes how old ?

My DD will be 9 in January and she still believes but by the skin of my teeth !  For the past 2 years she's been asking  A LOT of questions that I don't know how to answer.  I usually get away with changing the subject.  Sunday a little friend of hers came over for a play date and I was happy to see he still believes as well !   I'm thinking this is definitely the last year though ...

How about yours ? 

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
timefor2
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM

My kids ages 6 and 8 still believe in Santa, but my daughter the 8 year old, is starting to ask questions, so not sure for how much longer.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM

My daughter still believes and she's 11.  Not really sure how long this will last sicne she's in middle school.  I'm actually surprised no one has told her different.  But I'm going with it as long as I can :)

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Wow at 11 I'm shocked as well ... my niece is 11 and she has not believed in a long time ... my nephew is 3 months older than DD and hasn't believed for about 2 years now. 

Quoting Briesmom38:

My daughter still believes and she's 11.  Not really sure how long this will last sicne she's in middle school.  I'm actually surprised no one has told her different.  But I'm going with it as long as I can :)

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I also told her that children who don't believe in Santa don't get anything,lol  I am wondering if she's just keeping up the charade for me,lol  Although my friend's son who is also 11 just told her that he knows Santa isn't real, but he just figured it out,lol   

Quoting Jinxed8:

Wow at 11 I'm shocked as well ... my niece is 11 and she has not believed in a long time ... my nephew is 3 months older than DD and hasn't believed for about 2 years now. 

Quoting Briesmom38:

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM

What I answer is that Santa is part of the Christmas spirit / magic.  And I point out how adults have Santa Claus decorations on their house, Coka Cola has it on their cans & bottles at Christmas time etc.  She knows the dude in the mall is not the real santa and refuses to go see him.  But the threat of me calling Santa to let him know what's going on works amazingly well in my favor right now LOL

Quoting Briesmom38:

I also told her that children who don't believe in Santa don't get anything,lol  I am wondering if she's just keeping up the charade for me,lol  Although my friend's son who is also 11 just told her that he knows Santa isn't real, but he just figured it out,lol   

Quoting Jinxed8:

Quoting Briesmom38:

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

My 5 year old believes.

lilmsnay83
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Yes my DD still believes in Santa Clause.  She is 4 and will be 5 in January.  I would like for her to keep that imagination as long as possible

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM

yup shes 3 we still have a few yrs i told her santa was gonna put stufff in her stocking and she had to check and see right then and there

elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My 11year old dd recently admitted to no longer believing. She says she suspected for a few years. My 6 year old still believes. My younger brother pretended to believe till he was like 15 because he thought if my parents knew he didn't believe that we wouldn't get any presents anymore, lol.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Well, my 5 year old daughter does but my 10 year old son hasn't believed in a while. He's been great about keeping the secret from her:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN