Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Grr..Childish rant of the Day

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM
  • 12 Replies

BACKSTORY: Okay, so, I'm 31 years old, mother of one 4 year old who is awesome, smart, educated, good head on my shoulders; but, here comes my childish rant of the day:  I made plans with my future sister-in-law, who has no kids, to go to a nail salon today and get a mani/pedi (litterally my second time EVER doing this) at the nail salon that she goes too. For the past three days she has made references to going today; but had failed to set a time and has failed to return any of my attempts at reaching her this morning.  She had said that she was off work today and would let me know what time was best for her (god forbid we schedule an appointment).   HERE COME'S THE RANT: What started out as mild annoyance at not hearing back from her has now turned into full blown angry for being ignored this morning.  It isn't like I have all the time in the world, you know.  I am a stay at home mummy to my 4 year old daughter and my Mother-in-Law's caretaker.  My hubby is off work today; but, does have a dentist appointment (that was only made after repeated attempts to get in touch with my future SiL to confirm a convenient time) that now closes off a block of time for me to go anywhere.  And I think that is what just pisses me off the most...my future SiL know's all this.  She knows that I don't make plans like this...EVER.   She know's that I am dependent on my hubby's work shedule and my MiL's social time to do anything for myself (which again is always with my daughter). I was really looking forward to getting some pampering, lol; but, now, I've hit that point where I don't even want to go out with her IF she ever get's back to me.  Grr.  END OF RANT.  Thank you for just letting me get this out, lol. 

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM
5 moms liked this

Go by yourself. If she wont cooperate with you and your hubby is fine with it take the time and go anyway. You still deserve some time for yourself. I have never had a manicure. Sounds fun.

nurse-mommy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM
2 moms liked this
You have a right to be ticked off! But I agree, go by yourself! You deserve it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Knightquester
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM
3 moms liked this

I hope she gets a hold of you and you do get a chance to get out since you've been looking forward to the outing.  If not then maybe you can go by yourself or with a real friend at another time.

I've had those frustrating people in my lives, my in-laws for one used to not tell me they're coming in town until sometimes when they're in town and then expected me to be free to bring the kids to the place they where stay at which is two hours from where we live.  Needless to say I've let them know if you don't let me know ahead of time then you're S.O.L. and I don't feel bad for you.  It sounds mean but I have four kids and am too busy to jump when somebody barks.

The next time your sister in-law wants to do something I would just tell her what days you're free, tell her to set the appointment and call you when it's set so you can make arrangements.  Then inwardly expect that if she doesn't make the appointment then it won't happen.  For some people it's just lack of having grown up enough to realize they're flakes and for some people they are and will always be a flake.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand how you feel, I don't think it's childish.  I think she shows a lack of respect for your time and schedule.  It's like when people say we'll come by this afternoon and then you wait, wait, wait for them to show up and not dare go out not even to the corner store in case they show up. Then they show up at 5pm ...

Go by yourself ... a mani-pedi is soooo worth it !

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:35 PM
I would be upset too! Tell her you are going and she can join you if she wants. Or just go alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunflowers12
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:21 PM

hugs 

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

That sucks! I hate being ignored, especially when I actually want to do something. 

laylolilah
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Rude.
I detest that. In my opinion its far worse to leave someone hanging than to never have intended to spend time with them in the first place.
My sister is 7 years older than I am, and when I was in my late teens I wanted to hang out with her so bad..she was my cool big sister...
She did this to me repeatedly and now its a huge pet peeve of mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GrumpyMummy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM

UPDATE:  First off, thank you ladies for understanding my frustration. After reading the earlier posts I had decided that I was going to go anyway and that I would take my daughter (since my hubby was at his dentist appointment).  Well, before I left my futue SiL texted me (finally) that she still wanted to go and what time she was available.  Even though I was (and am still a little) annoyed I agreed to meet up at her nail salon.  Not only was my daughter awesome (very polite, respectful, and patient-I was so proud); but, I had a great time: picking out nail polish (sparkly red), talking to other adults, and just relaxing.  And the guys gave my daughter her own "manicure" (they allowed her to pick out her polish and they painted her nails for no charge, lol)!  She had a blast, I had a blast, and (dare I say it) it was nice to spend some time with my future SiL.  I've forgiven (i won't forget) and learned my lesson for the future.  Next time, I'll set the appointment and invite her to come if she so chooses...if not, oh well!  Thanks again ladies for validating my feelings.  I don't have anyone else to just let loose with and it was nice!

elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad you went and had fun and that your dd did too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)