Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Birth control

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:04 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ok so I had my baby June 25 2012.  I was put on birth control (ortho try cyclen) I have been sick with the flu and on anitbiotics about a week ago. My husband and I are always safe and use a back up method of protection.  I am on a brand new pack of pills and still not cycle?  Has this happened to anyone?  should i worry about being pregnan again?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beautifulsmiley
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:17 AM

yes antibitocs can kill the effect of the birthcontrol pill... if unsure do not take the new pack and test first...

Emyles
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Yes you could be pregnant again. Take a pregnancy test before taking any birth control.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:41 AM
I agree. Keep us posted.

Quoting Emyles:

Yes you could be pregnant again. Take a pregnancy test before taking any birth control.
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:48 AM

I agree with everyone else.  Take a test first.  This is the exact way my friend conceived her son,lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

mommybug77
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:54 AM
I would take a test, but thus happens.
Poodasmommie
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Yes take a test first
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:30 AM

It's been so long since I've had to be on any kind of birth control that I don't remember. 

I had a tubal at 26. 

myoldest1999
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I got pregnant on orthotricyclene and with the use of a condom...abstinance is the only 100% ...but not many husbands and wives are going to do that...lol! Adding antibiotics...yes be worried.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM

call your pharmacist and inquire - not all anti-biotics interfeer with birth control

firstmommy756
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Ok so the test came out negative..I guess i should have added that I also have an underactive thyroid too and am on meds for it as well...just really stressed because I really dont plan on anymore kids.  My baby girl was born at 31 weeks and that was enought stress for me wih the NICU and all...We alwasy use condoms and are sure they arent broken...just really nervous

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)