Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

emotional cheating

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM
  • 19 Replies
What is crossing the line from having friends of the opposite sex to emotional cheating. What is okay to do and what is not? How close is it okay to be with them? Does it matter how long you have known the friend?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laylolilah
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:53 PM
13 moms liked this
Anything you couldn't do in front of your partner, anytime you speak in a different manner to someone than you would if your partner was there..
In my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM
5 moms liked this

If you wouldn't do it in front of your SO, you shouldn't be doing it at all.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Imho.... There is no such thing as emotional cheating. It only crosses line if there is intent of something sexual happening. Otherwise all friendships could be "emotional cheating"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Funny. I see both sides of the argument. It really isn't an issue here, unless you count my love for Clive Owen! Lol.

WinterRosesmom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Agree

Quoting laylolilah:

Anything you couldn't do in front of your partner, anytime you speak in a different manner to someone than you would if your partner was there..

In my opinion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindilouwho82
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Quoting conniejo75:

Imho.... There is no such thing as emotional cheating. It only crosses line if there is intent of something sexual happening. Otherwise all friendships could be "emotional cheating"

Platinum_blonde
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Yeah if it would make your SO raise an eyebrow, I agree.

storkradio193
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Emotional intimacy is usually understood as an emotional (non-phyiscal) relationship which reduces the level of intimacy for one's marriage.  I am not articulating it well.  It is basically when the emotions of one extra-marital relationship harm the intimacy of the marriage leading to more fighting, reduced physical chemistry and so on.  I am not sure there is a defined specific point, but I like the comments about nothing happening that could not be done in front of the partner.  I disagree that affairs are those only that become physical.  An emotional relationship can do just as much, if not more, damage to a marriage.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Knightquester
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

This was very well worded, and so true!

Quoting laylolilah:

In my opinion.

LovinLife81
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I am fine with my DH having friends of the opposite sex amount of time isn't important to me. My biggest issue would be if he was discussing our marriage with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)