Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

thats it im gonna do it myself

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
My birthday is terrible every year. Its January 7th so I'm the only one who doesn't get a birthday celebration. Everybody gives me Combo birthday/Christmas gifts or just ignores my birthday altogether. It never fails I spend that day at home alone with the kids and my son who has special needs always melts down left and right. When I was in school it was always the first day back from break. Teachers wouldn't allow a party like the rest of the kids got on the first day. Everybody is partied out so even as a young child nobody came to my birthday parties. Its just a bad time to have a birthday.
this year I'm taking it into my own hands. I told my mom all I want for my birthday is cash and a shopping trip with her. I arranged a friend to keep my special needs son that day since the lighting in stores lead to massive, violent meltdown.
I'm so excited! My 2 year old is coming with us but she is so easy to take its not an issue. This year I'm going to make my birthday a good day. And you know what? The money I get is going to be spent on me. Not the kids, not household needs, but me. And I'm not even going to feel guilty about it so take that terrible birthdays!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:01 PM

woohoo    blowing candles

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM
I HAVE A SS .HIS BDAY IS DECEMBER 20TH..I TOLD HIM WE WOULD HAVE A BIG PARTY FOR HIM DURING THE SUMMER..I HAVE TWINS THAT HAVE A BDAY ON FEB 28TH..I TOLD THEM WEN THY GET BIGGER THAN CAN PICKS A DAY ANY DAY BUT CHRISTMAS OR MOTHERS DAY TO CELEBRATE BY THEM SELVES.. LIKE ONE IN JUNE AND ONE IN OCTOBER..
kagegirl
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel. My birthday is January 1st. My whole family has actively worked to make my birthday suck, even after I told them what they were doing to me. SUbsequent relationships made it worse. This year, I am giving DF one last chance to pull a miracle out of his ass or from here on out, I am ditching him with the kids and I am going to a hotel.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Yep sometimes us moms just have to say forget it I'm going to spoil myself. At least I was born late. I was due on December 28th which is my mom's birthday!

Quoting kagegirl:

I know how you feel. My birthday is January 1st. My whole family has actively worked to make my birthday suck, even after I told them what they were doing to me. SUbsequent relationships made it worse. This year, I am giving DF one last chance to pull a miracle out of his ass or from here on out, I am ditching him with the kids and I am going to a hotel.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tvalbh
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Mine isnt even in Jan or Dec and i still get shafted.  Everyone always forgets the MOM!  This coming year, i decided that i will buy my own cake and blow out my own candles!

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I hope the day is everything you want it to be. It sounds like you deserve that day!

chinosruca
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I just want a day off on my birthday (no work, no cooking, no cleaning).....and I get it every year. I don't want or need presents. I don't want money or parties. I just want to relax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miselanious
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM
That's awesome! It will be fantastic. Keep us updated on how it goes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Kris on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Good for you!!  My birthday is at the end of January, but it's 3 days after our youngest daughter's birthday, so all the planning and everything always goes to her, which it should.  I just feel like mine gets overlooked or is always last minute.  So I know how you feel.

stickyfingers
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:41 AM
haha thats me! the rule here is "its my birthday and i can do whatever i want" lol within reason of course.

Quoting chinosruca:

I just want a day off on my birthday (no work, no cooking, no cleaning).....and I get it every year. I don't want or need presents. I don't want money or parties. I just want to relax.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)