Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Baby factory closed at what age if at all?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:33 AM
  • 112 Replies

Do you have a particular a particular age or amount of kids that you plan to close the baby factory or whatever happens, happens?

With my most recent miscarriage being as a result of Trisomy 18, a chromosomal defect, I am pretty sure the rest of my eggs are starting their downward turn in viability and with it also having been my second miscarriage, I am pretty sure I am closing shop at 35 given the evidence of more problems in the future.

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:37 AM
After 6 pregnancies, including 4 miscarriages, I gave up having any more at 32... & ended up having hysterectomy at 35 so the decision was made for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:42 AM
5 moms liked this
I'm currently pregnant and 40 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trae1982
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I am done having kids, I have 3. I always thought that after 30 I didn't want to have anymore kids, I don't know why 30 it is just a number that has always been in my head.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovinLife81
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say 35

larabear1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:06 AM
My factory closed Oct. 2011, with baby #2 @ age 34. And I'm good with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsLuciano02
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:43 AM
I am 30 right now and still trying for baby #1 but if that doesnt happen in the next ten years I think dh and I will look into other options (he will be 50 in ten years so for him having kids at that age would be not good)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetgrlangel
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:47 AM
30 was my number. After 5 pregnancies and deliveries, 4 live births and a fullt erm stillbirth. I closed up shop I couldn't do it any more and neither could my body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3dragonflies
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:50 AM
2 moms liked this

I closed the factory after baby #3 at the age of 27.  We knew we were done then.  We had 3 healthy kiddos by then.  Now the kids are grown (16,15,11) and Hubby and I are like dating all over again :)

bmw29
by Bobbie on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:52 AM
I closed mine after baby #1 at the ripe old age of 21. I stand firm on that still at 33.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
import1a92
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I closed up shop after my one and only was born when I was 26. As selfish as one may see it, but I don't feel the need to have children. I'm not doing anything to prevent it if it happens between now and mid 40's. But I hope I'm not punished to go through that trama again. Doctors, nurses, sonographers and hospitals did enough trust worthy damage the first time and treated me like a rag doll. No amount of therapy can ever change the way I feel about those types of people again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)