Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby factory closed at what age if at all?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have a particular a particular age or amount of kids that you plan to close the baby factory or whatever happens, happens?

With my most recent miscarriage being as a result of Trisomy 18, a chromosomal defect, I am pretty sure the rest of my eggs are starting their downward turn in viability and with it also having been my second miscarriage, I am pretty sure I am closing shop at 35 given the evidence of more problems in the future.

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Replies (111-112):
bafamily
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I"m so sorry.  It is so devastating.  I closed mine after five kids.  I was heart broken but the last pregnancy was rough, mind you not really in grand scheme of things.  I was put in the hospital for kidney stones,  I weight almost 200 lbs and the baby came out at 9lbs15oz so a 10lb baby.  I had a scare with diabetes and was just completely miserable so I decided that she would be my last.  I had my tubes tide right after I had her and thought it was the biggest mistake.  I had always said that I would wait and see how the last baby acted and if the baby was a crier and didn't sleep through the night so on and so forth that's how I knew I'd be done.  Well after our last baby was born about a month and a half she was sleeping through the night.  Then about another month and a half later she decided to start waking up again and this continued for the next three months.  So I quite feeling like I made a mistake.  You I have been very blessed with really great babies.  At three months all my kids except the last slept through the night.  They had awesome internal clocks, ate every four hours. I had awesome babies.  So good luck.  Oh and my mom had two miscarriages and had me  at 36 just so you don't give up hope just yet.

jamminmomma
by Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Mine was closed at 31, with having my tubes tied with my last baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)