Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Am I boring or

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:10 AM
  • 12 Replies
Just getting old? LOL I don't live a very exciting life, if I am not at work I am at home with my hubby either watching tv or playing on the wii. I would love to go out with friends or other couples but DH and I don't have any local friends they all live hours away in other states
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommybug77
by Crystal on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM
I don't feel the need to seek out excitement.
rebeccadac
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldnt say boring especially if you are not bored with what you are doing.  Dh and I dont go out often but try and make a point every month either with other couples or alone.  I think it is harder to go out once you have kids unless you are lucky enough to have a free and eager babysitter at hand.   I will tell you though the friends and availability of them certainly goes up once your children get into school which is exciting (my almost 10 yr old asked me the other day momwhy are you friends with most of my friends parents... simple answer we have a lot in common with your friends parents simple as that!) I will say it takes some work I often find I am the first to suggest we go out or they come over for dinner or whatever which is fine because it have blossomed into some really nice friendships. 

But you need to do what you feel comfortable with... who cares what anyone else thinks!

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I don't think you are either. I think you just need to make some new friends and get out!

goddess829
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Same here.  I told my coworker last night that I must b the most boring person to talk to.  Work, 3 kids and school are the only things I have to talk about.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Well I guess we're boring too , we go out for dinner every Monday while DD's in gym class, then every saturday when she's away.  We'll go to the movies once in a while or catch a concert when a good band is in town but otherwise we're pretty much home bodies

Marz31
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I guess if we had a trusted and available babysitter, we would try to go out more, but yeah, if we go out now, it's with DD and sometimes that includes friends, but mostly not. I do miss having close girlfriends, maybe when DD starts school in 2 years, that will change a little. it's not boring tho, just different than you were before. change isn't a bad thing!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:44 PM
I agree 100%! :)

Quoting rebeccadac:

I wouldnt say boring especially if you are not bored with what you are doing.  Dh and I dont go out often but try and make a point every month either with other couples or alone.  I think it is harder to go out once you have kids unless you are lucky enough to have a free and eager babysitter at hand.   I will tell you though the friends and availability of them certainly goes up once your children get into school which is exciting (my almost 10 yr old asked me the other day momwhy are you friends with most of my friends parents... simple answer we have a lot in common with your friends parents simple as that!) I will say it takes some work I often find I am the first to suggest we go out or they come over for dinner or whatever which is fine because it have blossomed into some really nice friendships. 

But you need to do what you feel comfortable with... who cares what anyone else thinks!

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:46 PM
My husband and I together are boring, he's definitely a homebody. I have lots of friends to go and do fun stuff with.
momofcrazypants
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM

At the end of my day, staying at home is about all the excitement I can handle! Welcome to 35 years old. :)

Quoting mommybug77:

I don't feel the need to seek out excitement.

momofcrazypants
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM

We try to do family dinner night on Friday's where we all go out to eat. We're in the same type of situation, we recently moved to a new area and don't have many friends out here. Honestly though, I'm so busy anyways just staying at home and running after two kids, 12 & 2.5, that I can't say I'd even be interested in it if it was on the table.

Any hobbies or interests that could possibly get you out and meeting new couples/ friends? Bowling leagues or anything?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)