Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Big Boobs - What's a good bra brand?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:54 AM
  • 22 Replies

Hey!

Previously I wore a 34 DDD or a 36 DD (DDD is hard to find!). Now that I am preggers I've gone through a boob explosion. None of my bras fit anymore so I have the 4 tit look going on (when it looks like you have 4 boobs because the top of your bra is cutting into the top of your breasts).

What brand is good for larger breasted women AND for breastfeeding? Usually either my boobs look really low or pointed when trying on bras that are suppose to be for larger breasted women (yuck) and.. I doubt Victoria Secrets will carry my new size.

HELP!

** UPDATE **

I went to Izzy Maternity and these 2 gay guys hooked me up. It is so nice to be able to BREATHE and not have back aches!

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marz31
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM

What stores do you have around you? Macy's carries Wacoal which should easily have many styles in your size. Nordstrom will have a TON of brands. Lane Bryant may start at 38, I'm not sure, but if they start at 36, they'll have a lot in DD and DDD, but larger cups are only available online. 

All of my bras are Elomi brand. they were just on zulily but I really like the styles and fit and you shouldn't have any trouble finding the size you need.

momoftwobugs
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Lane Bryant is where I get all my bras. They will measure you and help you find the one that works for you. I wear a G cup so they can be hard to find in store, but they usually have at least one style in the larger sizes in store. If they dont have the one you like in store they will order it and ship it to your home for free. I used to have trouble with bras and now I wont buy mine anywhere else. I love their bras and they hold up really well.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Why don't you go to a maternity store ?  At the end of my pregnancy I was a 38DD and that's where I found.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I wear Cacique from Lane Bryant but I'm not sure if they have bras made for breastfeeding. 

I got all of mine from Sears in the maternity department when I was pregnant and they fit fine. 

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I get my bras from Just My Size (jms.com).  They've got great sales and a variety of sizes in different styles.  I'm a 42DD.  The only brand I wouldn't suggest is Glamorise...especially their minimizer bras.  My baby is 7, so I don't remember the brand of nursing bras I had.  I didn't like them much though as far as support went.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:26 AM

A lot of maternity stores carry nursing bras in the larger sizes. I was a 38F when I was breastfeeding and I found a good bra at Motherhood Maternity. I don't remember the brand though.

gcecelie
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I am worried about support. 1 boob is like 10 lbs (LOL)!

Quoting Babujai:

I get my bras from Just My Size (jms.com).  They've got great sales and a variety of sizes in different styles.  I'm a 42DD.  The only brand I wouldn't suggest is Glamorise...especially their minimizer bras.  My baby is 7, so I don't remember the brand of nursing bras I had.  I didn't like them much though as far as support went.

bigred1058
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Maternity stores for nursing bras many retailers and designers do NOT design for pregnancy and nursing. I went up to a 36F. While pregnant and nursing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Yeah...I remember that feeling  It's not enough that they're huge...they're also full of milk!  DH used to ask me if I needed a crane and/or scaffolding to get my boobs into my bra...LOL!

Quoting gcecelie:

I am worried about support. 1 boob is like 10 lbs (LOL)!

Quoting Babujai:

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Medela sells extended size nursing bras and they are wonderful quality.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)