Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
Has anyone had to have a tubal reversal and if so how much did it cost and did your insurance pay for any of it? Also, what state do you live I'm? Just wondering and please no bashing me for wanting another baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
MamaDearie
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I've never heard of insurance covering it. I'm sorry you are going through this. Hope you can find a way to make it work.

faithv02
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Insurance usually doesn't cover it.Check out Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal  and thers is a lady dr.that does them in Tennessee but I cant remember her name.

Pukalani79
by Kris on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:24 PM

My husband and I looked into it a couple of years ago.  This is where we would have gone and were saving up for it.  Unfortunately my daughters started having health problems, and that's no longer an option for us. :( 

Good luck!

http://www.tubal-reversal.net/

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I don't know of any insurance that will pay for that. 

K8WillBLast
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:15 PM

My cousin had it done.  She lived here in Missouri & had to go to Texas to get it done (don't remember why) & it was about $10,000.

CrimsonRadiance
by Heather on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I haven't ever heard of an insurance paying for it, because it is "elective". Also, it runs anywhere from $5,000 and up. :-( 

kcgroves
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM

No, but I want it done very badly! Have looked into it and it is expensive and insurance doesn't cover it. Seen a few different places and most prices between 7,500and 10,000. I have had mine tied almost 8 years now...never would have thought twice about it until I met the wonderful husband I have today!

rainskysmom
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Quoting kcgroves:

No, but I want it done very badly! Have looked into it and it is expensive and insurance doesn't cover it. Seen a few different places and most prices between 7,500and 10,000. I have had mine tied almost 8 years now...never would have thought twice about it until I met the wonderful husband I have today!

Yeah, I want mine done really bad too. I've had mine done 10 years tomorrow. They did mine the same time they did my csection. They almost wouldn't do them but I begged them to so they ended up doing it. I want another baby so bad now. My husband and I are in a better place in our lives then we were when we had our first 2 daughters so I think it would be awesome to have one. But I gotta hurry cuz I just keep getting older!!!!!! LOL

Knightquester
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I have heard it's very expensive.  I had known a person that searched everywhere in America for a cheap and affordable price to get her reversal.  She wasn't wealthy, but she wasn't poor and she did have insurance.  Her solution was that she went to Mexico and had it done.  I'm not sure where at, but she had it done for under a forth of the price that she could have here.  After a year of her reversal she gave birth to her son.

rainskysmom
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Quoting Knightquester:

I have heard it's very expensive.  I had known a person that searched everywhere in America for a cheap and affordable price to get her reversal.  She wasn't wealthy, but she wasn't poor and she did have insurance.  Her solution was that she went to Mexico and had it done.  I'm not sure where at, but she had it done for under a forth of the price that she could have here.  After a year of her reversal she gave birth to her son.

I've heard of lots of people going to Mexico for surgeries like that. Boob jobs and stuff. I wonder if it's safe and would it be worth going there to do it??? If you can, can y9u ask her how much she had to pay and where she did it at. I would ssssssssssssssooooooooooooooo appreciate it!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)