Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
Has anyone had to have a tubal reversal and if so how much did it cost and did your insurance pay for any of it? Also, what state do you live I'm? Just wondering and please no bashing me for wanting another baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
myoldest1999
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM
I've been needing another child so bad that I've unknowingly gained weight and look pregnant now... :-( I hope to adopt one day.
rainskysmom
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Quoting myoldest1999:

I've been needing another child so bad that I've unknowingly gained weight and look pregnant now... :-( I hope to adopt one day.

I don't even know the steps you have to take to adopt a child. I know it's a long process though. And yes, for the last couple of months I've made myself think I was pregnant and have gained weight. Isn't it funny that we can do that to our bodies??? I know chanches are like slim to nothing but sometimes you can get pregnant with your tubes tied. I pray for that every night!!!!

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I hope you're able to get it done. I know several people on here (cm) have had it done and it was successful.

mom2the.rescue
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Yeah, I've heard it's over $10,000.  GL

Quoting rainskysmom:

My husband and I both want them untied but i've heard someone on here say it was like 12,000. That's crazy!!!!

Quoting billiejo79:

I would love to get a reversal but my dh is so dead sent against it.

angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:42 AM

we were just wondering about this the other day. Not because we want to have another kid but because my periods have been crazy painful and i have been bleeding really bad since i had it done.

Clei420
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:44 AM
I live in Kentucky and my cousin had to go to Texas to get hers reversed and they paid thousands of dollars go have it done. Her insurance wouldn't cover it. Good Luck!
kailalaila
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Im in a tubal reversal group. they can help you.

kailalaila
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Knightquester
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I'm sorry but I would if I could.  This was a person I met some years back through a friend of mine I no longer live near or get a chance to visit much.  Her daughter was sometimes watched by my friend and the three of us would talk on occasion as she was picking up her daughter.  I had my tubes tied so I thought it was interesting when she went to have her reversal and I recall talking in depth about her decision at the time, but that was a long time ago and I don't recall the details anymore.

Quoting rainskysmom:

Quoting Knightquester:

I have heard it's very expensive.  I had known a person that searched everywhere in America for a cheap and affordable price to get her reversal.  She wasn't wealthy, but she wasn't poor and she did have insurance.  Her solution was that she went to Mexico and had it done.  I'm not sure where at, but she had it done for under a forth of the price that she could have here.  After a year of her reversal she gave birth to her son.

I've heard of lots of people going to Mexico for surgeries like that. Boob jobs and stuff. I wonder if it's safe and would it be worth going there to do it??? If you can, can y9u ask her how much she had to pay and where she did it at. I would ssssssssssssssooooooooooooooo appreciate it!!!!!!

livysmom04
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM
My hubby and I are looking into going to Chapel Hill to have the reversal done. We understand it will be expensive but we don't want to do ivf right now. We want to try on our own first. Our insurance will cover 50% of ivf and the reversal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)