Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My caregiver gave two weeks notice, not good!t

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM
  • 7 Replies
My two and half yr old's home based caregiver sent home a letter this week saying she " would no longer be able to provide part time care after the 23rd. :-(
Now, I knew he was "aging out" soon anyway, so I have been looking around and day cares are not quick to do PT , we can't afford one anyway... A home based is in our price range. Her's the burn...my present caregiver was referred to me by my older son's daycare when he was going. She recertifys with them for CPR and attends any seminars they have for free, she keeps up to four paid children at a time so he has been with others his age.
So we have a high reference , safety trained , close, and keeps other children for social interaction. THIS is not easy to find.

I have a tentative alternative, that can't be referenced ( never kept children), no other children being kept . Her place is very clean...(immaculate ) actually. My son took to her pretty quick, which was great but besides the normal stuff mom's bring to a homecare setting ( diapers, food, beverages, extra outfit... SHE HAS NOT A SINGLE TOY! So I'd have to bring a decent amount.... Kinda okay with that as I have some obnoxious noisy ones, of course!

I'm still looking because I don't want blah, not teaching anything cartoons on alll the time as he's totally focused on letters of the alphabet and shapes right now. ( he doesn't know any letters right now , by sight.... But will point out letters and call out the ones he knows regardless if it's correct.
If there are no children there to feed of off...I expect her to be involved....
He can't tell me clearly yet... Ya know? He chatter, he knows plenty of words and phrases, but there is no oversight in his care, if he breaks a goo-gah on her coffee table, will she lose it? You know ... That kind of thing. How would i know if she's a screamer? People put thier best foot forward for a possible job opportunity... Seems decent, I didn't get a "vibe".. I'll take her if I have to.

Disclaimer: I you don't know me, I have a head injury that includes daily headaches. I must leave three full days free for appointments as I continue the search for no pain or I'd totally keep my own child everyday. I doubt I can go back to work.... It's been over a year, still injured. So I would be a sham .... Hopefully fully time , should I get to feeling better .....ever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ajrjj05
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:23 AM

"your caregiver gave two weeks not"

Can you explain more? did your caregiver just quit? why do you have a caregivers?

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Hit wrong button, I edited , whole thing is there.

Quoting ajrjj05:

"your caregiver gave two weeks not"

Can you explain more? did your caregiver just quit? why do you have a caregivers?

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Bump
sunflowers12
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM

sorry to hear that.. its tough out there to find good child care even with out some of her credentials there's still some great care givers, but like i said hard to find..  hopefully you will find someone your happy with soon:)

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
You are very correct if he could talk....tell me about his day, I'd feel better is all . I mean, he babble and has phrases
, of course.... But not enough to tell me if something unpleasant happened , kwim?

Quoting sunflowers12:

sorry to hear that.. its tough out there to find good child care even with out some of her credentials there's still some great care givers, but like i said hard to find..  hopefully you will find someone your happy with soon:)

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM
I work with school age kids now. I used to be a family day care provider for 5 years. I find it weird that she doesn't take care of any kids, and her home is so immaculate. Maybe give it a trial period and see how it goes... to bad your little one can't communicate with you about what happens with her.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM
I was lucky when I looks for an in home. I sent my oldest dd along so she could tell me if anything was not right. Then when I was comfortable she didn't go anymore. But even at one my son could let us know he hated his first center. He would scream and cling and not want to let go. Not the normal, I don't want to leave you mommy. We got him ou of there and all his behavior cleared up an he willingly went to his lady. Our in home was Saturday care only and she ended up being a flake. No harm to DS but not reliable. DD loved her but she flaked out and we never heard from her after that. Good luck. I hate sending DS but his teachers are good. He's in a center and is doing well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)