Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do as I say not as I do!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:27 AM
  • 10 Replies
that's what I feel like right now. the other day I got out my glue gun to glue some ribbon to the back of something my kids made. so I gave them this huge lecture about how they should never touch mommy's glue gun because it's a high temp (my 5 year old has a low temp) and it can burn them very bad. what's the first thing I do? burn myself with the glue!
but now my kids understand the danger lol. I have a nice piece of skin missing from my finger. it matches the cut on my other finger, my toe that's toe nail is loose and purple under it, and the spot I pulled a splinter out of. I think I need to move into a padded room!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WesternNYmom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Happens to me all the time.  Especially while cooking. I am constantly lecturing my kids about being careful around the oven or stove top while it is on.  The other day, I just finished lecturing my son about the dangers of touching the hot oven door, and what do I do?  I end up touching the oven door and burning my hand. Thankfully, it isn't bad, but I have a nice blister on my palm, that I keep bandaged up.  Ouch.

mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Oh I've burned myself with one of those little buggers! Me and glue guns do not get along lol ;)

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

sometimes it's the best way they can learn ... sucks for us though !

mushmom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Lol :)

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM
yeah it was a very real lesson!

Quoting Jinxed8:

sometimes it's the best way they can learn ... sucks for us though !

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
QTMom2302
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Ohh Lord woman... you need a ROUND padded room & just to be on the safe side, put yourself in bubble wrap as well. :o) Isn't that the way it works though? Constantly telling our kids to not do something then we turn around and do it.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Tell me about it!  This morning I hurt myself again!  I was doing my 2 year old's hair and the rubber band I was trying to put on her snapped and hit me right in the eye!  Really?  More injuries???

Quoting QTMom2302:

Ohh Lord woman... you need a ROUND padded room & just to be on the safe side, put yourself in bubble wrap as well. :o) Isn't that the way it works though? Constantly telling our kids to not do something then we turn around and do it.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
QTMom2302
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM

LOL!! Your new name is Murphy's Law. (Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.)

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Tell me about it!  This morning I hurt myself again!  I was doing my 2 year old's hair and the rubber band I was trying to put on her snapped and hit me right in the eye!  Really?  More injuries???

Quoting QTMom2302:

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM

that's for sure!

although my kids are spending the night with my mom so there's something right!

Quoting QTMom2302:

LOL!! Your new name is Murphy's Law. (Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.)

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting QTMom2302:

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
QTMom2302
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM

There you go! Now just enjoy the peace & quiet, relax and BE CAREFUL! lol :o)

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

that's for sure!

although my kids are spending the night with my mom so there's something right!

Quoting QTMom2302:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting QTMom2302:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)