• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband started mentally abusing me

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:50 AM
  • 28 Replies
This weekend he started calling me a piece of shit and today I told him that I'm not the type of woman who lets a man call her names or mentally abuse her and I really mean it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma0ffive
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:51 AM
what are you going to do about it
CarolMRawson
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:24 AM
I have no idea, I'm just not willing to take anymore of his BS. Do you have any suggestions for me???
CarolMRawson
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:31 AM
I cried all night last night, but then I started to wonder if he was right. I'm so sorry for letting everyone know what's going on in my marriage. I just wish I didn't have to go through all of this.
LovinLife81
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I will be praying for you.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:39 AM
4 moms liked this

Once it starts, it only progresses.  The name calling becomes more frequent and the names get worse and more degrading.  If you let it continue, it can and probably will upgrade to physical abuse.  DO NOT LET IT GET TO THIS POINT!!!  You need to come up with a game plan.  Tell him to get counseling or you will leave...and stand your ground.  Start saving up money, so you CAN leave, when the time comes.

Good luck!

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:44 AM
jmo..i would give give him 2 choices ether get help or get out.
WesternNYmom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:01 AM

This is exactly what I would do.  Noone deserves to be treated the way your husband is treating you.

Quoting KRIZZ25:

jmo..i would give give him 2 choices ether get help or get out.

Montie07
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Clean the toilet with his toothbrush.

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Tell him to get help or get out. He's already doing a number on you. He called you names and now you're wondering if he's right. Can't you see how he's already affecting you? Tell him it's time to shut up or get out.

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM

100% agree

Put a stop to it right now ... my ex was like that.  He could be the sweetest, baby-talk man one minute, and then blow up at me the next -  he would take all his frustrations out on me whether it concerned me or not.  I have been called every name in the book.  In my case he was like a Chihuahua, always barked, never bit.  But one day he threw a set of keys at me from accross the room and I knew that was it.  Turns out he was cheating anyways and it was his way of "distancing himself from me"  but whatever ...point is, no matter how hard you may try - he will not change unless he gets help. Therapy or anger management. or Leave

Quoting offrdngal:

Once it starts, it only progresses.  The name calling becomes more frequent and the names get worse and more degrading.  If you let it continue, it can and probably will upgrade to physical abuse.  DO NOT LET IT GET TO THIS POINT!!!  You need to come up with a game plan.  Tell him to get counseling or you will leave...and stand your ground.  Start saving up money, so you CAN leave, when the time comes.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)