Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are any moms here a Party consultant?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM
  • 18 Replies

Like pampered chef, Tupperware, Avon etc? If so can you tell me the pros and cons? Thanks!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XVAmomma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM
I would love to know too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samiam2919
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I'm a SAHM but will be employed full time in a couple weeks but thinking bout maybe being a consultant on the side too : ) I know Tupperware gives you 25% of sales but the starter kit is $99 with a 30 day website.

Quoting XVAmomma:

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

i was a pampered chef consultant.

yes you make your own hours, but it sucked,  too much to carry around, there is only so many times people will go to a party within a circle of friends.

you need to be an annoying bitch to get parties booked.  i had one chick call me every week (even though i told her not to) to book a party.  i finally had to threaten her with a restaining order.  but she was #1 in sales.  people got sick of her calling so they said yes to shut her up.

but i did make good money when i did it.. i would average about $400 a show, usually about 2-3 hours.... but then there were a few shows that lasted 2-3 hours and i made less than $50

do you know ppl who like to spend money?  if so then go for it

shajdinyak
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:46 PM
I do my own business, all natural handmade, bath and beauty products, www.honeykissed.yolasite.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XVAmomma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:54 PM
I want to do something on the side to have it all go to my LO HS graduation fund. We call it like that because we will encourage not force higher education on him. I will give him a choice of a trip and an education paid for or a down payment on an apartment and both pantry and fridge full for th first time after that he must work for his own.

Quoting samiam2919:

I'm a SAHM but will be employed full time in a couple weeks but thinking bout maybe being a consultant on the side too : ) I know Tupperware gives you 25% of sales but the starter kit is $99 with a 30 day website.

Quoting XVAmomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samiam2919
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Is this your company or are you a consultant?

Quoting shajdinyak:

I do my own business, all natural handmade, bath and beauty products, www.honeykissed.yolasite.com

shajdinyak
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Its my own company which i am a consultant for
;)

Quoting samiam2919:

Is this your company or are you a consultant?

Quoting shajdinyak:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PartyGalAnne
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

There are no cons.

Set your own hours, work as much or as little as you want, earn commission 24/7 with your website, free and discounted personal items, build a team and work smarter, not harder....

6 years full time as a PartyGal and it was the best decision I ever made.

I also do Scentsy, too, part-time to help out this time of year when PartyGals slows down.

If you give people great customer service and an amazing party experience you don't have to be annoying. I haven't picked up the phone to get a party in over 5 years. They call ME.

Shawna510
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM
I am independent consultant for Scentsy, Velata and Grace Adele. I love the freedom of my hours. I have the choice to dedicate how many ever hours or time I want. The income is nice too. The products are of great quality, so I don't worry about selling a questionable product.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof1boy1230
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I work full time, have a 2 yr old DS and sell AVON on the side. I started because I found out I was losing my job and needed something to keep me busy. Almost 2 years later I have ladies signing up under me and I can't imagine not doing it! We have extra money for bills, the sitter or for play. I work on it as little or as much as I want and honestly am just having fun doing it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)