Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday Traditions

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:59 PM
  • 4 Replies

Any one have any fun, exciting unique traditions they do for the Holidays? My husband and I split the holidays, every other year at my folks and his. Our families are very similar in that Christmas eve is spent with family snacking and playing games. When we're home, on Christmas day, we get up and so the Santa, and household gift exchange and then just hang out together and relax. My side of the family also draw names w/in the adults and then everyone buys for the kids! It really helps with the budget. :) New year's eve we swap houses with our neighbors (this year we are hosting), the adults play games, let all the kids play, stay up late and ring in the new year!

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM

We don't really have any.

debmom07
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:03 PM
I usually start cookies o. My birthday the 23rd
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:20 PM
We do snacking and games on christmas eve too. And the kids get one gift that night, usually related to sleep like pjs. This year their aunt handmade them each a quilt and that is their gift for eve. Other than that, since we live in the same town as our parents again, mil comes with us to my moms and we have a big prime rib dinner... But that is after we enjoy a quiet Christmas morning at home with gifts and us time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SirensEko
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Elzmnsf, we did that in my family when I was growing up. But here and now, only have 2 of our children every other year kind of makes that hard. They usually leave a few days before christmas eve, then to try and explain to our little one, that she can't open anything else for a few days... ya, not sure that would go over well! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)