Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colic & stress on relationship...

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have a 6 week old daughter, along with a very hyper 15 month old and a normal active 5 year old. My 6 week old Zuri has colic and my boyfriend ( their dad ) is having a hard time with his patients. He seems to be yelling more at Mani ( 15 month old ) and getting very frusterated with Zuri. I try to explain she cannot help but cry because she is in pain but whenever I say anything he takes it as me attacking him. Its to the point where I do not even want him to do anything for her and I just do it all. I used to pump at night so he could do a feeding or 2 but I have recently stopped and I just do all the feeding and let him sleep thinking maybe that will help his mood. However his mood just seems to be getting worse. I am a very independent person and his attitude and his reaction to the baby crying and what not makes me just want to handle it all on my own and be single. I feel like him not being here will be one less stress. On top of it all I go back to work the 27th and he will be at home with them. I am so hesitant to leave him with them. I do not think he will hurt them by any means but I am scared he will let her "cry it out" a little too much. Ugh why do we get such short maternity leave???

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrbubble
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM

bump....I know Im new here and do not know many people on here but any input would be a great help!

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 3:31 PM

The sound of a crying baby is one of the most stressful things EVER. I really feel for you, and your boyfriend. Have you tried the drops they have now for colic? Keep telling him it's just a phase that you will get through. The 15 month old may be acting out because of the new baby along with just being super hyper. They don't understand why you want another kid around anymore than you would understand if your boyfriend brought home another woman, is what my doctor told me. Hopefully you and your bf are on the same page in terms of disipline and how you handle any bad behavior. Remember too that you are a hormonal woman with likely post partum mood swings so sometimes when you feel like you just can't stand the bf another day, you might feel very differently in an hour :) It couldn't hurt to get some counseling so you can explain how you feel without it turning into a big argument. Hugs!

lindsay122001
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Ugh I remember those days. Prolly the only thing ill forever remember in those first few weeks of her life! Lol I only have the one child so I can't even imagine the extra stress with have two other children to care for on top of it. My husband had a harder time with it. I would send him out when he was losing his mind. He never lashed out, but I could just tell he was about to burst. Have you tried gad drops, or I used colic calm. With in a day it was helping,and continued to get better as we continued to use it. We also made the switch to formula at that time too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrbubble
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I never thought of Mani acting out because of the new baby. I figured he would be to young to really understand. That makes sense. I have started to notice him getting mad when I feed his sister. He constantly wants to climb up on my lap when I am BF her....The last couple days have been a little better. I have been taking the kids out more to give my boyfriend a break, and we also got Dr Brown bottles for him when he feeds her. I do not know if they are actually working or if I just want to think she is lol. Counseling sounds really good because we are like taking everything out on eachother. I know he doesnt mean to and really if I think about it I take things out on him more. I just get so made at him when he yells at Mani because I know he is only yelling because he is actually frusterated with Zuri not Mani...I know things will get better, atleast I hope they do. Things are just so stressful right now. I will try the drops, I never heard of them before. Can you get them at CVS?

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:53 AM

Yes, I think so :)

MrsNewman
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Colic is rough. Our DD4 had it as a baby. She cried all the time. Some people just can't handle all the crying. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)