Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

First movie memory

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM
  • 12 Replies

What is the first movie you remember watching?

by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Gremlins. I was really little and my dad took me since it was made by the et people, lol! It scared the crap out of me and I spent 75% o the movie with my head buried in his chest. My dh gets a real kick out of that story!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:02 AM

The Wiz is my first movie memory. We were at my grandparents house watching it on VHS. I remember my parents, grandparents, and aunts, uncles and cousins on my moms side were there. Maybe it was a holiday? I will call and ask my mom later when she is awake.

(I was born in 1979, The Wiz came out in 1978. I was about 3 in this first movie memory.)

diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:32 AM

popcorn

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
The Jerk with Steve Martin at a drive in with my parents. I was way young, but I got to got to a movie in my pjs which I though was awesome! I may have been three? Three and a half? Didn't understand a lot, but I have seen it since and thought it was hilarious.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tel4him
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Watching The Sound of Music and The Wizard of Oz in the living room in my PJ's.  Of course, it was a once a year event, so you did NOT want to miss it!

DixieL
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 6:32 AM
My first movie memory at the theater is Mary Poppins. It's the first time my mom would let us go to the movies by ourselves.
import1a92
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 7:05 AM
I watched so many Disney movies in the early 80's, it's hard to pick just one when they all stick out. Pete's Dragon I was fascinated with when I was 4/5. I always thought the chattering from cecadas (sp?) in the summertime was Elloit sitting in the trees.

The two that bothered me the most was The Neverending Story and Willow 3/4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 7:15 AM
My dad was a movie buff and took us to the movies all the time when we were kids. I remember watching the first star wars movie and I would have been about 3 then. Unfortunately my parents didn't really filter what we saw. It blows my mind that I saw Alien, Indiana Jones, Jaws, and many more at a young age. The worst was watching Cujo at the drive in, in the same car they had in the movie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixie-buttercup
by Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 7:29 AM

My first movie that I remember seeing at the movie theater was ET. I remember crying my eyes out at the end and after we left the theater, there was an airplane fying overhead and I started crying harder because I thought it was ET in his spaceship going home. 

PerfectVirgo
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 7:31 AM
We were never really a movie kind of family. I remember watching the land before time and crying my eyes out when little foots mom died.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)