Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well there's a goal I never would have thought of

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:40 AM
  • 5 Replies
my newest goal is to take my kids into a movie theatre. Dr has spd and the very thought terrifies him. they don't even remember what a theatre is really!
so my goal is to work hard with Dr with the help of his ot. then this summer when they are running the free family movies during the day we will go. we will do all of his desentizing exercises then go watch the movie. if all goes well he will be able to tolerate it. if not we can walk out without any loss.
this is a huge goal for us but I'm excited!
do you have any odd goals for your kids?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Looneyfarmmom
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Here in Idaho we have a theater that offers a day for children with Autism and more with perfect lighting, noise level, and everything that will help with sensory issues. Maybe there are some theaters that are offering that as well once a month.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:49 AM
I will look thanks. we don't have many options. the closest theatres are an hour away

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

Here in Idaho we have a theater that offers a day for children with Autism and more with perfect lighting, noise level, and everything that will help with sensory issues. Maybe there are some theaters that are offering that as well once a month.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:56 AM

That sounds like a very good goal!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 24, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Great goal~ good luck.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:13 PM
That's awesome! :)

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)