Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

stupid men

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM
  • 17 Replies
3 moms liked this
Hubby and I r sick. Went to Dr and he has upper respiratory infection. I on the other hand have the flu and some pneumonia symptoms. So guess which one of us has been in bed for 19 hours straight and which one if us has been taking care if the kids and pets! What's wrong with this?????
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SirensEko
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Let me guess... you! lol I've been there. Trust me, it's frustrating! I had brohchittis (sp?) so bad that I would cough so hard I would either wet my pants or throw up or both! (that was a treat!) Our daughter was almost 2. He still went to work, even though I felt like I needed a stretcher. I finally said to him that I needed to rest, and he needed to step up with more than just making dinner (and a whole sleu of dirty dishes, oh ya which I did!) as well as the older kids. When mom's down and out, everyone needs to step up. (really shows everybody in the household what we really do in a day and puts things perspective.) Just talk to him. Tell him you understand that he's not feeling well but in your conditions, you both need to take turns w/household duties and rest. I don't know what to tell you if he doesn't listen other than... push him outta bed and yell "your turn!" or "not it!" lol :) Just hope you both are feeling better soon!

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:25 PM
4 moms liked this

We are the stronger sex.

mommybug77
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Sorry
QTMom2302
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

This is so true.

Quoting ScrChk23:

We are the stronger sex.

Shaybay218
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:25 PM

you rockFeel better soon! * Hugs*

K8WillBLast
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM

It's amazing how men act like such babies when they are sick, yet if we had the same thing they do & act the same way they'd gripe about it!

lnrmom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:18 PM
2 moms liked this
That's why I'm glad my kids are teenagers and take care of themselves. Hell when I'm sick they take care of me.
jesusgirl76
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:57 PM
I know how you feel. my hubby can't do anything to help even when he's not sick. As my hubby once told me "men are not meant to take care of kids"
mrsary
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Oh how these first 13 years are sucking as a single parent w no family & in the Army. Can't wait for them to be self sufficient!

Quoting lnrmom:

That's why I'm glad my kids are teenagers and take care of themselves. Hell when I'm sick they take care of me.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Quoting mrsary:

By 13.... they should already be pretty self sufficient.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)