Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

why is it so hard to find a house ugh

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

were  a family of 6 living in a 2 bedroom house so were looking for a bigger place but were on limited funds so we dont have a lot to pay a month or to put down sothe deposit has to wait untill tax time but the houses that ive been looking at omg are sooo expensive to rent... do u know if there is any assistance or anything out there for renting houses?? ive never been on any kind of assistance like that so i wouldnt even know where to look. thanks girls!

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SweetlilM
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Have you checked with your local housing authority? They offer rental assistance but, often have a waiting list. I would call them first!

I would love to upgrade to a bigger place but, it will at least be a $150 more a month. I'm not sure I can squeeze that into my budget. :(

Good luck!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I know in PA you can get section 8 (housing assistance). As pp said there is usually a waiting list. I'm not really sure who you'd need to contact in your state. Good luck.

mommybug77
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Good luck
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM

section 8 housing is the only thing I know of

heatherh610
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Depending on your faith, I know that there are some church programs local to me whom will help out with down payments and such. It is one time help. You may have some local to you as well?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)