Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you make it to midnight?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 51 Replies

I barely did! We all stayed up until midnight. Then about 12:02 DH & I went to bed. lol We're too old for this partying nonsense. ;o)

Did anyone else notice the countdown was a little off? Or maybe our atomic clock was too fast. But those are supposed to be pretty acurate. It was about 15 seconds behind our clock. 

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeartStrings222
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Made it to midnight because my 1 year old had just gone to sleep 30 minutes earlier.  Normally he's out by 10 and so am I!

jenmatt451
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM

We stayed in bed and watched a movie before midnight. It ended about 6 minutes before midnight and we laid in bed cuddling until after midnight....then it sounded like a war-zone outside with the neighborhood errupting in fireworks and I'm sure a few of those pops were guns being fired off.  But for the first time in over 7 years, my hubby and I spent the evening together (he usually has to work on New Year's Eve night) and it was a perfect way to spend the evening.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

AleaKat
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I did but it was uneventful. Hubby has the flu.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QTMom2302
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Yeah we were watching shows DH has saved on the xbox up until about 5 minutes before midnight. Then we watched the countdown. We were hearing fireworks from about 11:30 on around here.

Quoting jenmatt451:

We stayed in bed and watched a movie before midnight. It ended about 6 minutes before midnight and we laid in bed cuddling until after midnight....then it sounded like a war-zone outside with the neighborhood errupting in fireworks and I'm sure a few of those pops were guns being fired off.  But for the first time in over 7 years, my hubby and I spent the evening together (he usually has to work on New Year's Eve night) and it was a perfect way to spend the evening.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

QTMom2302
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Hope your hubby feels better soon! 

Quoting AleaKat:

I did but it was uneventful. Hubby has the flu.

TableforSeven
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I didn't plan to - but DD#2 was out and I had a hard time falling asleep until after she was home.  I was also doing laundry until about 1:30am.  I had to get up at my usual 5:15am because the kids had school this morning.  We did watch the ball drop in NYC this morning while eating breakfast.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Yes. My boys and I went to bed after 2:00.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I didn't. Our youngest and  I dozed off while watching a movie. My husband woke me up during the count down so we could watch the ball drop. Then I went upstairs to bed.

lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I'm up until after midnight every night.

story0702
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Yep sure did ! First year in a long time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)