Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you think its rude??

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 68 Replies

So this is a little strange, but I use my Ipad in the grocery store.  Its not a mini, just a Ipad 2.  The reason, I like Grocery IQ app, and my phone sucks and wont update past 2.1 droid. And until I upgrade I am stuck with that. So someone in the store, actually whispered, "she is so rude using her Ipad" I never thought I was being "rude" , its not like I was holding her up or facebooking in the isle. It helps me save money for my family knowing what I spend in the store. I went online, and there was a forum! In the forum was the same discussion , the person was complaining on how rude it was and that its just a show off that people use thier Ipad in public, like a grocery store. Thats not what I am doing, I am the most humble person, I just happen to have an Ipad.   Am I missing something here??? How would you feel if you saw me , in the isles using my Ipad??

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's rude...isn't that why they put those little squares on things...for you "scan" and find a coupon code?  As long as you aren't holding up the checkout line because you are posting to a friend, you aren't being rude.  Just ignore it.

I laughed because everytime I see someone talking on their phone, in Walmart, I always make a comment to my hubby..."how come they can get service in here and we can't?!"  LOL 

soymujer
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

My boss bring his ipad everywhere.  He puts his grocery list on it.  I don't think it's rude.  I think people are jealous.

family in the van   Mom of four

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM
4 moms liked this
I've had people say I was rude for reading labels on food. I've also had somebody yell at his SO "oh look at her she's actually reading labels how lame is that?" I felt like yelling back "oh look at him he's completely ignorant about what is in his food and food allergies!"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:10 PM
the point I was trying to make is some seem to think anything they don't do is rude and it's just not true.
Pukalani79
by Kris on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't even imagine someone saying anything like that.  Even if you are facebooking in the aisle...who cares as long as you're not holding up the line...

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I don't see how it is rude. How are you hurting?

mybabysmama35
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I don't think it's rude. I have an app on my phone to make a grocery list and I've used it sometimes. She's probably just jealous because she doesn't have one. Some people are just bitter and grouchy no matter what you do. I would just ignore it.

story0702
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Sounds like they are simply jealous .
SweetlilM
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Its jealousy rearing its ugly head! Just ignore them.
Andreaddg
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM

It's not rude at all. They are just jealous they don't have one. Keep using your iPad wherever and whenever you want. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN