Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
I'm a stay at home mom of 3. 2 of them go to school. My hubby to be just had to tell our friend that we never go out. That I dint leave my kids. I let it go even though I felt that it wasn't the place or time to say that. So latter he takes a shower and I go in to talk to him and he makes sure to let me know that he thinks I should leave them to go out and do things with him. He knows I dont trust any one with my kids. I did at one time but since moving to ca 6 years ago I don't. Are there any body that feel the same or am I just being over protective of my kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
ChancesMommy07
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Sacrificing your marriage for the sake of never leaving the kids is a bit much. You don't stop being a couple simply because you have kids. I've been with my husband for 15 years and we still go on dates at least twice a month, kid free. We are more than just parents and keeping the spark alive is vital to any relationship.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM

You are doing all of you a disservice, get a sitter and go out with your husband!

Godgaveme4
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:51 PM
I leave my kids with sitters quite often. We have a wonder list of teens that love watching our kids and that our kids love to spend time with. We got the names from friends and from teens at church. Our kids actually push us out the door when the sitter shows up.

And it sounds like your husband does not have a problem leaving HIS kids with someone. You better find a compromise.
Dekotasmama
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM
It's nit that we don't send any time together. At night we have time by our serfs. To watch a movie ,play a game or what what ever he likes.

Quoting chinosruca:

If you don't put effort into your marriage then don't be suprised if your husbands puts effort into someone else. Find someone, get references if you must. Obviously your husband wants a wife, not just a mother to his kids.
chinosruca
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Not the same as going OUT, without children.

Quoting Dekotasmama:

It's nit that we don't send any time together. At night we have time by our serfs. To watch a movie ,play a game or what what ever he likes.

Quoting chinosruca:

If you don't put effort into your marriage then don't be suprised if your husbands puts effort into someone else. Find someone, get references if you must. Obviously your husband wants a wife, not just a mother to his kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
workoutmom2b1g
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I in many ways have a hard time leaving my kids. I couldn't imagine what I would do if we moved! 

With that being said, I just told my hubs we need to get out of town for a night. We BOTH need it!

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:07 PM

It is so important to our marriage that DH and I have time together without our kids. We go out about once a month and spend lots of time together in the evenings.

Your SO is TELLING you that he NEEDS time with you alone. You NEED to listen.

K8WillBLast
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Your husband is right.  To me, this sounds like he's crying out to you & if you don't, he will be fed up with the relationship & will turn to someone else.  You must find someone.  Possibly look into care.com or one of those websites where you can find a sitter, I've heard wonderful things about nannies4hire as well.  You can do back ground checks & all that type of stuff.  I'd recommend finding someone & have them come watch the kids while you do stuff around the house, you're there but don't let the kids know it, so they won't want you.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I have always been a SAHM because we didnt want anyone else raising our kids or being a huge influence in their lives like a full-time/often-used sitter would be.  But - DH and I have always made our relationship a top priority.  We make sure that OUR relationship is happy and healthy.....we feel that is not only better for US but for our kids.  Some day the kids will all be grown and on their own.  DH and I need to make sure WE are still in a happy and healthy relationship at that point or our life together will have no meaning/purpose at that point.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I agree with this.

Quoting sthflachk:

I know that if you don't spend time with your SO when he is asking you to it could cause big problems. Find a sitter and go out and remember what its like to have a life outside of your home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN