Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
I'm a stay at home mom of 3. 2 of them go to school. My hubby to be just had to tell our friend that we never go out. That I dint leave my kids. I let it go even though I felt that it wasn't the place or time to say that. So latter he takes a shower and I go in to talk to him and he makes sure to let me know that he thinks I should leave them to go out and do things with him. He knows I dont trust any one with my kids. I did at one time but since moving to ca 6 years ago I don't. Are there any body that feel the same or am I just being over protective of my kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Replies (41-44):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:16 AM

you felt it wasnt his place to tell his friends that you are a neuortic mother who wont leave her kids with a sitter to spend time ALONE with him.  sorry. but he is 100% right on this one.

until CM i have never heard of anyone NOT doing date night, or leaving their kids with a sitter.

NORMAL HEALTHY parent, go out, even if its ONCE a month WITHOUT children.

please seek medical help.

and no i am not trying to be rude...   its the truth

wifeynmommie80
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I am the same way.  So I know how you feel.  So I actually used care.com.  And got a wonderful babysitter.  She is phenomenal. I even did an exntensive background check on her.  We have since then literally made her a part of this family.  She is in college working through nursing school. Even goes to our same church.  So you could try that.

soymujer
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:17 AM

It is important to spend some alone time with your hubby.  If you have to, do an interview, check references to find a good sitter to go out with your hubby from time to time.  It's not something you have to do a lot but once in a while is good.  That way your marriage stays fresh.

family in the van   Mom of four

Dekotasmama
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:07 AM
It's not that I don't leave my kids. It just that when I do there father is with them

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

you felt it wasnt his place to tell his friends that you are a neuortic mother who wont leave her kids with a sitter to spend time ALONE with him.  sorry. but he is 100% right on this one.

until CM i have never heard of anyone NOT doing date night, or leaving their kids with a sitter.

NORMAL HEALTHY parent, go out, even if its ONCE a month WITHOUT children.

please seek medical help.

and no i am not trying to be rude...   its the truth

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN