Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Okay, so I had to apologize to my tween son because...

Posted by   + Show Post
My mom did the same thing i griped at him about!
I asked her please switch out the clothes from that washer to the dryer before she went to bed. I have always assumed that when someone asked you to put clothes in the dryer, there was the unspoken (and Turn. It. On.) implied.
Apparently i was misinformed, as my mothet did as my son did. She followed my request to the "T". She put the wet clothes in dryer. Done.

So i had to apologize to my tween who has been fussed at many times for the same thing *sigh*

Do actually have to SAY " and turn it on"? At your house?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
momofsunshine77
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:43 AM

yes, DH has NO common sense at all.  LOL

MamaDearie
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Oh this made me laugh so hard! No- I don't have to actually say it here but there are times with my husband and my DS that I think things are pretty obvious and find out later that no- not so obvious to them. 

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CDMelty
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM

When I ask them to put the clothes in the dryer, they turn it on. I'm with OP; it's an obvious part of the request. Just like when I say "Brush your teeth", I mean with water and toothpaste. When I say "Take your shower" I also mean wash yourself while you're in there.

koalasami
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM

With my daughter it just depends on the day... She is really smart but tends not to think things through when it comes to chores.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM

This. Except dd *knocks on wood* has not put toys in there. 

Quoting lexipooh78:

I am not sure DH even knows where the washer and dryer are. I think he thinks his clean clothes magically appear in his closet. lol  DS who is 2 however will put the clothes in the dryer and turn it on. Unfortunately he also will put hot wheels in the dryer and turn it on.  :(

Bethsunshine
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes with my kids, I have to literally tell them every single step to do with a task. You'd think some things would just be common sense, but apparently it isn't. Glad to know it's not just me!

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

Does your child have a learning disorder? Come join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118063/

pickles326
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I always tell my son or hubby make sure you clean the lint trap and turn it on lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SassyLaLa85
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM

No, it is common sense when you put wet clothes in the dryer you turn it on...

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM

this made me laugh too - I wouldn't think of saying "and turn it on" to me it's implied just like filling up the washing machine and not starting it !

kourtneya
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM
My kiddos are the same way! You have to be literal and include the small details.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)