Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Child support...what's that??

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 32 Replies

Ok, so does anyone know how to make the child support enforcement agency actually do it's job?? I feel like I call them and give them every single detail address, work place, license plate number EVERYTHING however, it appears that if I don't mange to hand deliver my ex husband on a platter they are never going to do anything about him not paying child support!! I know I could go back to court and hire a lawyer however, that cost money and I don't have a ton of that laying around and yes, he could be held responsible for the lawyer fees however, they won't get paid just like they didn't get paid for my fees for the divorce he was told he had to pay then too....never happened. Any suggestions on how to make him pay???

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kat31
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I'm beginning to think no one pays child support ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Find out where he works. That's all the info I needed. They sent his HR a form and a few months later, I started getting checks. They aren't reliable tho. I won't get anything for months, then ill get 3 months worth at once.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
addyangel
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck. We've been trying to get BM to pay for 4 years. The state won't do anything to her except give her second chances (and third...and fourth...and fifth...and sixth...and seventh...you get the picture)....
nodramamama311
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:48 PM
6 moms liked this
Get your kid/kids on Medicaid, if you qualify, they'll find his ass and make him pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cpflum08
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Must be different in all states because mine HAS to pay as long as he has a job. If he doesn't, they take his licenses away, or do jail time. It gets taken right of his pay check and sent to me. I know I'm getting that money in my account 2x a month.

I'm sorry he's getting away with not paying! What a ass hat!
Kat31
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Yep....pretty much. They just give chance after chance in my state.

Quoting addyangel:

Good luck. We've been trying to get BM to pay for 4 years. The state won't do anything to her except give her second chances (and third...and fourth...and fifth...and sixth...and seventh...you get the picture)....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I'm having the same issue. :( Been getting the run around for 18 months. They have lost all my info and have every excuse in the book on why they haven't contacted his employer. They even admitted today they have everything they need but who knows how long it will be. I'm sorry momma we are drowning in the same boat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I wish I knew. I called the office and gave them my sons dads work information, including a phone number and address, his new number and address and then he even called them to make sure they had the information and I still don't get child support. For some reason he's too lazy to send it in himself so I only get it if they take it out of his check but they aren't enforcing that. Something is going on on the employer side and they just ignore it.

A lawyer won't really help if you already have an order unless you are willing to go back to court every time he doesn't pay and then it would probably cost you more trying to get it then the amount you would get if he paid.

aj23
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Even that doesn't work sometimes. When I got medicaid for my son they required me to file for child support and there was an order for it but they never enforced it. Funny thing is when I stopped getting medicaid I got child support with arrears for over a year.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Get your kid/kids on Medicaid, if you qualify, they'll find his ass and make him pay.

tueborvita
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM

It depends on the state. Hawaii pulls child support from my boyfriend's checks before he even gets the amount that he should make from payroll.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)