Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your kids are sick...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM
  • 61 Replies

Do you miss work to take care of them? My 4 year old is sick and I just couldn't leave her today. My mom will watch her sometimes but she is sick too. My dh works at home but he's sick too. Now I think I'm getting it!!!!

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashmac03
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I am a SAHM so when the kids are sick I am here already.  When I was working hubby and I would take turns staying home with the kids if they were sick.  I hope you and your family feel better soon!  

mybabysmama35
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Thank you! Usually it wouldn't be a problem but everyone is sick!!!

Quoting ashmac03:

I am a SAHM so when the kids are sick I am here already.  When I was working hubby and I would take turns staying home with the kids if they were sick.  I hope you and your family feel better soon!  

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a sahm so thankfully that's not an issue for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't imagine how pulled in 2 directions working moms must feel when their kids are sick :( especially when it cycles through all of your kids and it's around forever! how do you stay home with one but not the next knowing it will cost you your job if you take another day off? the logistics are just too much for me! feel better :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM

i dont work, so it doesnt matter... but if i am sick DH will stay home and take care of the littlest one, but he gets paid regardless... 

mybabysmama35
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

It's hard sometimes. But my kids are more important than my job. I don't take alot of time off so it's usually not an issue. I figure I could find another job if it came to that. Thankfully my boss is pretty understanding.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I can't imagine how pulled in 2 directions working moms must feel when their kids are sick :( especially when it cycles through all of your kids and it's around forever! how do you stay home with one but not the next knowing it will cost you your job if you take another day off? the logistics are just too much for me! feel better :)

mybabysmama35
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:47 PM

It's good your dh can do that. Thankfully my dh has been selling quite a bit on ebay so it makes up for me being off.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

i dont work, so it doesnt matter... but if i am sick DH will stay home and take care of the littlest one, but he gets paid regardless... 

OHgirlinCA
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM
2 moms liked this

If my youngest is sick, yes, I call off work.  If it's my older kids, I don't.  They're old enough (high school) to take care of themselves while I go to work.

mybabysmama35
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM

That makes sense. My dd is only 4. She hardly ever gets sick but when she does she's usually pretty sick.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

If my youngest is sick, yes, I call off work.  If it's my older kids, I don't.  They're old enough (high school) to take care of themselves while I go to work.

luvhubandbabys
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM
My kids have been sick on n off for 2 weeks. If I worked we would be f*****. I'm so glad I'm a sahm but really wish they would get better already
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)