Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

For those of you who have had or have gallbladder stones :/

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 15 Replies

For those of you with gallbladder stones, is constipation one of the horrible symptoms of GB stones? And did u get the whole mid chest pain that feels like its almost in your throat? Also do u get groin pain from the constipation? Sorry if its TMI lol. I'm going to see a Dr soon about taking my GB out this is insane!! 

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jennlk2202
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I wasn't constipated...my story is....one night I had put the kids to bed and all of a sudden I was sick (coming out both ends) and it wouldn't stop.  I was in the fetal position in the floor I was hurting so bad.  The mid chest pain, back pain, some ALL over pain.  I went to the ER and turned out I had 25 gall stones and one was getting ready to burst.  So I had emergency gall bladder removal surgery.

I would get it checked out soon.  Better to catch it before it goes as far as mine did, but I didn't have any warning signs it just happened.  Hope you get better soon!

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:47 PM

When I had mine it fely like someone was sticking a hot poker into me and twisting. I was vomiting but only after hours of pain. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:55 PM

No,but I was diagnosed with IBS after having my gallbladder removed.

I was just constantly nauseous, had excruciating pain at the bottom of the right side rib cage and the pain would shoot into my back and up around my right shoulder. It got so bad that I wasn't able to eat anything but toast (dry) and ensure.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM

No constipation here. I just had terrible pain that was only relieved by vomiting and diarreah.

ANGIE9958
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I had all those symptoms I was in so much pain. I couldn't breath , move lay down when the chest attacks came. I had a bad case of them they said if I waited any longer I could have died.

jenmatt451
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

I was just constantly nauseous, had excruciating pain at the bottom of the right side rib cage and the pain would shoot into my back and up around my right shoulder. It got so bad that I wasn't able to eat anything but toast (dry) and ensure.

Holy cow!!  The pain was so intense with mine that when I went to the ER they gave me morphine!  I had my gallbladder removed shortly afterwards and the doctor told me I only had one stone but it was between the size of a "masher" marble and a golf ball.  YIKES!!  So glad I had it removed.  I didn't even experience pain like that when I had my kids!

meliscool72
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I didn'th have any symptoms what so ever, until BOOM I was in the fetal position on the couch and could not move and could not be touched. We had to call 911 because it was extremely bad. Got to the hospital and they took an ultrasound and found out I had too many galstones, which I had to have surgery the next morning. After my galbladder was removed, it is horrible, it is about 5 minutes to an hour after I eat that I have to go to the bathroom. I say I am sick because I don't want to sound disgusting to my family and friends and tell them that after I eat I usually have diahrea, but I also have a bit of a stomach pain also with it. It is horrible, if I was able to I would have fought for my galbladder, but my surgeon said if I did not get it done then I would die pretty soon.

designkal3
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Omg it was the worst pain!!!! The radiating, indescribable pain up under my ribs and in my back. I was pregnant at the time so they couldn't really do anything. I had multiple stones. Thankfully it subsided for the rest of my pregnancy after the initial attack but shortly after my daughter was born, it started up again and they removed it. Stupid gallbladder lol! I wish you luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Quoting jenmatt451:

Quoting mumsy2three:

Holy cow!!  The pain was so intense with mine that when I went to the ER they gave me morphine!  I had my gallbladder removed shortly afterwards and the doctor told me I only had one stone but it was between the size of a "masher" marble and a golf ball.  YIKES!!  So glad I had it removed.  I didn't even experience pain like that when I had my kids!

That's interesting b/c I only had one stone as well, but it was enough to bring me to my knees, lol.

alc4evermom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM
When I eat peanuts I feel like my gallbladder is being stabbed. Greasy foods and gluten intolerance can cause serious pain for some people. The worst thing that ever happened was the horrible pains followed by green poop. I never got it removed---I stopped eating things that trigger it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN