Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Breast Feeding Diet

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:09 AM
  • 4 Replies

Looking for a healthy diet so I can say bye-bye to 15# of baby weight and be reassured my little guy is still getting everything he needs during breast feeding.

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Weight watchers actually has a bf program, or they used to. You have to eat more calories than normal, like 500 more. But if you eat healthy, and get some exercise like walking and such , you should see results. Make sure to get healthy fats (like avocado, olive oil, etc) get protein and vitamins and plenty of hydration. Then add in walking or baby centered aerobic activity and it will help. Your baby can be your weight for strength training too and it is bonding time and fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ardiaxe
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Your baby will get everything he needs regardless of your diet.  As long as it remains well balanced.  I breastfed my daughter for 18 months, by that time I was struggling to keep weight on.  Breastfeeding can really benefit weight loss. Stay hydrated and focus on a diet that is protein rich.

amonkeymom
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Welcome to the group.  Hav eyou been over to the breastfeeding moms group at all?  

I used WW when I was nursing and needed to lose weight.  It worked beautifully!

Quoting Baby120212:

Looking for a healthy diet so I can say bye-bye to 15# of baby weight and be reassured my little guy is still getting everything he needs during breast feeding.

Shaybay218
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Same here...I stopped exercising for awhile then started back and just ate more...I was like wth is going on...lol

Quoting ardiaxe:

Your baby will get everything he needs regardless of your diet.  As long as it remains well balanced.  I breastfed my daughter for 18 months, by that time I was struggling to keep weight on.  Breastfeeding can really benefit weight loss. Stay hydrated and focus on a diet that is protein rich.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN