Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Baby Blues" at 24 weeks pregnant????

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to start with the baby blues before delivery? I'm 24 weeks pregnant with my second DD (1st DD is almost 19 months). For the past few days, I've been extremely emotional, crying excessively and at the drop of the hat, and just feeling run down & worn out. Normal or something I should be concerned about?? I feel like a hot mess!!!

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM
It's just hormones, darlin. Some women love every second of pregnancy , then there are the rest of us :-)
Pregnancy is stressful. Period.
It's nothing to be concerned about....you will get angry over nothing, too.

I hope you have some elated days, too, though.
I hated being pregnant both times , however I managed to unwittingly time it where both third trimesters were in the hottest freakin months ever so I was grumpy ALOT!

At 24 wks, an unchanged trash liner would upset me. My mom once found me in a heap on the floor of her bathroom crying and snotting because her dogs were over excited to see me and I couldn't deal. She walked me to her bedroom and put me to bed like an eight year old, which apparently was just what I needed.
Good luck, mama and congrats!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
buggies_mommy
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Thanks for the reassurance! I'm sleep deprived too, I'm too the point where I can't get comfortable & when I do & finally fall into a deep sleep, I have to get up to pee! Ugh...I have to say though, this pregnancy has been MUCH easier than the first. I have not been as sick or miserable up until this point. Just one 6-8 hour stretch of uninterrupted sleep would be SO nice...is that too much to ask???

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I agree.  It's most likely just hormones.  Hang in there mama!

mommy2585
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I had prenatal depression during my last trimester of last pregnancy. Amazingly, I was fine as soon as the baby was born. 

Here is a link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-stir/prenatal-depression_b_1967991.html

wonderwomanT08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM

yes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)