Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Buh bye Mirena!

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this
Had it removed after having it in for a year. I hated it. Were planning on having another baby anyway.

After were done, its my DHs turn to have his body effed with. The crap women get put through just so men can get off... Ugh. So over it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Clei420
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I tried it twice. NEVER again! I got the worst migraines from it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Awwww. I'm sorry u had a hard time with it. What was the problem? Just curious because I just had my first baby & I had ParaGuard (the non-hormonal IUD) done a few months ago. So far I havent had any issues but it hasnt been long.

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Ive heard nothing good about mirena...I will never get it.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry you had such a bad time with Mirena.  Good luck ttc.

I currently have my second Mirena -- I had my first one for the full 5 years and got my second the day that one needed to be removed.  I have had nothing but a wonderful experience with it.

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:39 PM
They are now advertising for class action lawsuits against mire a now. My doctor tried to get me to get one but we just aren't comfortable with the hormones.
RutterMama
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I've heard some bad things about it recently too.

izzyb120
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:42 AM
I had mine removed last wk. We are trying for another baby, but not sure if I will ever get it again. First off, I spotted for about 6 months everyday after I got it. My skin dried up pretty bad. Then in December, I didn't get my period. I thought I was pregnant, I had all the symptoms...sore breasts, very tired. My dr said that w/Mirena, your periods can eventually stop & that my body was retaining water, that's why my breasts were so tender. Uugggh, never again!
ambertreas76
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Good luck sweetie.  Mine's been out for 2 years.  All I have to say is every woman is different.  Good luck to you.

Kymom004
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I had mixed feelings about the mirena. I didn't have any issues with it while it was in, it did what it was supposed to. I had lighter periods and I didn't get pg, but when I went to the doctor to have it removed after a few years, It has come loose from where it was supposed to be and had floated up and one end of it had gotten stuck in my fallopian tube :( They had to dilate my cervix and go in and retrieve it. It was NOT a fun experience :(

mynewlife2012
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:53 AM
I had mine removed last month after 4 years. Now ttc
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)